Oh How Long They've Waited

Here we go. It's here and it's ready to be read! Enjoy y'all!
_______________________________

Germany's POV:
I didn't know what to do. JE is pissed and that's never good. But lucky for me she was more pissed off at Egypt and went after her first. I saw a messenger bag on a chair. It's my dads. No one really carries those things around anymore. I snatch it off the chair and run out of the room.

I make it to Marlyns desk. "Give me the basket." I said. "What?" She said as she looked up at me. "The candy." I say. She shrugged, but handed me the basket. I dumped the whole thing into his bag. Then I walked back to the room. I went past Britain. "Where are you going." He asked me. "I'm going to go try and fix this mess." I said as I continued to walk away.

There were a few more rooms. They were locked. Then there was one unlocked door. At the end of the hallway was the door to the basement. Of course he would have gone down there. You would die first in a horror movie. And in this case, I'm the villain trying to kill you. Part of me finds that hilarious. The rest finds that very morally wrong.

Either way, I walk down the steps and step into the somewhat lit hallway. Storage rooms. Storage rooms. And more storage rooms. Then. I hear talking. His voice. It's him. I slip off my shoes. And walk slowly. Just close enough to hear him.

"God. What did I just do? They're going to be pissed!" I heard. Crying still lingering. Must have found him at the end of his panic. Silence. "Well, I don't care. It seems every time we get close to, I don't know. Crossing that threshold. We-...I do something stupid." He said. Such an odd thing to say. Getting close to crossing what threshold?

"Heh. Yeah. I guess that is true. Now you can't say I don't know how it feels anymore can you! Haha. Ugh...fuck. This, this is what that feels like? Shit. I had no clue that it felt that...Painful." He said. "Huh. So you've noticed but I haven't? How many times have I almost done this since being here?" He asked. "Four times?! Holy moly! We're broken garbage aren't we!" He said with a laugh. I'm assuming they are talking about the panic attack he probably just had. Recovering well. Or that's what it sounds like anyways.

"So. How long till they come down here you think?" He asked quietly. The sadness returned to his tone. "I guess that deal is a bust then. Not like I can blame them. Wasted this appointment. Maybe I should have just passed out. But instead I ran away. I'm such a coward now." He said. And the eye of the storm has passed, with soft crying returning after his words. "No! It's not ok! My job is to protect us- to protect YOU! And I have been doing a piss poor job of that for the past century!" He yelled.

I told Poland I have a hard time separating the person from the monster. My father from his nation. But now. It was less about what he did. And more the fact I don't know what he did. I had no real reference so I just chose the easiest solution. Guess. I guess it was less that I had no reference. But that I was too stubborn to listen to those who knew him. I ignored them. Salty from his absence. Mad that I wasn't with him.

That question Britain Asked me earlier, would I have rather he took me with him? That's how I worded it when I was yelling. And nothing is truer than raw emotion. Why was I so mad about that? Now that I think about it. I'm still mad. But not because he left me behind. That is nonsensical. I'm mad because he didn't try harder. But what could he have done really? I'm mad because he didn't warn me. But why would he tell his bright child any of that? I'm mad because he didn't take me home.

What home?

I've never thought this through. More just revealed in my hatred for a man I barely remember. That's why I'm mad. I don't remember him. I grew up without my parent. He disappeared. That's why I'm mad. I'm mad because he ran away, and left people worried. He left me, at such a young age, to be told by my fathers so-called enemies, that he wouldn't come back. That he was dead. I'm mad because I never said goodbye. And that he was planning on not coming back.