How to Work With a Sleeping Patient

so so so sorry for the long wait. the waits will keep getting longer as school starts in a month and I'm going on a trip and wont be able to write or anything. but I hope you enjoy! also, I drew a thing and made a speed paint! so that's fun! 

____________________________________

Red's POV:

I woke up. The room was bright. I could barely see as I waited for my eyes to get used to the light. I was in a standing position. What is going on here?

Egypt's POV:

It's the 29th. The day had just started and I was doing my work. That is until I see America, Soviet, Britain and England walk in. "Oh god, what did he do?" I ask with clear disinterest.

"What do you mean?" America asked. "All of you together in my presence can only mean that my new patient did something stupid. Now, what did he do?" I ask again.

"He has wings." England said. I was stunned quite a bit by this. "Well where is he!" I ask standing. Britain snaps his fingers at the same time Soviet raises his arms. Third plops into Soviet's arms completely unconscious.

"Britain, take the sleep spell off him and let's go." I say. "I did." Britain replied. "What?" I ask. "I took the spell off him, two hours ago." He replied. We all just stood there for a second.

"WELL BRING HIM FASTER!" I yell running down the hall. They follow and I get to one of the rooms. "There! Put him there!" I say pointing to the hospital bed. Soviet puts him down lightly and steps back.

Why am I freaking out so much? I don't care about this guy. I care about keeping my job so I guess I'm required to care. But I should not be this worried about him, I don't want him to be here. Guess it's just a mix of emotions. Just sort this out and get him away.

"Wait, can't he make himself fall asleep? Just ask him to wake up" I say. "We tried. He doesn't seem to be responding to anything. Not even Soviet touching him produces a reaction." Britain said. "Yeah, he seems kinda dead. He tends to move in his sleep, but now? Nothin." America added on.

"Well there has to be some way to wake him up." I say. "Maybe not, he looked exhausted last night. Maybe he just crashed from the lack of sleep." England said. "But he already had a bad sleep schedule, what changed?" I ask. "He has been doing a lot more. Both mentally and physically. I wouldn't blame him for being tired." America said.

"Well then I guess we should use this to our advantage. He's asleep. We can do what we want." I say walking over to the patient in question. I look at him and sigh. This is going to be awkward. I just decide to get it over with and start to unbutton his shirt. About half way through I hear a small snicker. "So much about this image just looks wrong.'' I hear America's voice say.

I turn my head to see him trying quite hard not to laugh. His smile was tight and I could see the expression clearly even with his sunglasses on. "Shut up you idiotic narcissist! If you think you can do better then come on up!" I yell. "Nah, I'm good." he says. "That's what I thought." I say as I return to what I was doing.

I got his shirt off easily and now was able to see what he looked like. All flags have markings on their bodies and he was no different. White circles on his elbows and shoulders. I'm guessing his knees too. No black marks though. There was a scar on his stomach. It was big, a stab wound that clearly went deep enough to be fatal.

I looked at his arms. Countless scars. I didn't get many details about his mental state but I got the gist. There were a few small cuts that looked newer but then looked too small to be intentional. But there were a few scars on his left arm. Puncture wounds. I looked at them a bit closer. "What is it Egypt?" I hear England ask. "Bite marks?" I say to myself.

"What?" I hear America ask. "Nothing." I say in return. I use a simple levitation spell to lift him up slightly so I can see his back. Easy. I walk behind him and there they are. Wing marks. Black as night and covering almost the entirety of his back. Those must be some big wings when they're open.

If only it were possible to forcefully open wings, this would make this so much easier. I decided to analyze what I could. The tattoo looking mark on the backs of flags with wings is known for being able to show the state of said wings. His were...frazzled to say the least. Not in the best condition that's for sure.

Then he moved. I step back and turn my attention to his waking self and less to his wings. He woke up slowly, probably because he didn't think he was in danger. The first words out of his mouth? "Pink, I swear to God, Satan, and Mother Earth, if you threw me into the void again I will shove you into the room of monstrous thoughts." he said it in a tired way, but not in the way of someone who was actually tired, but an adult who was tired of being around kids. Sounds about right.

I guess his eyes finally adjusted to the light because the next thing I knew he was shaking his arms trying to get out of the levitation. To which I panicked and dropped him. No regrets, It was funny to hear him scream like a girl.

He landed on the floor and "luckily" didn't hit his head on the concrete floor. "Rise and shine sleeping beauty." I say looking down at him. He looked up at me with anger but also, at the same time went to fiddle with his shirt cuffs. His most common nervous habit.

This is also when he realized he couldn't because he didn't have a shirt on which to fiddle with. Panic level two then. He shoved himself against the wall fastest I've ever seen and started to look for either a way out or something to cover up with, hard to tell.

The others, all except Soviet, were quick to try and calm him down. I didn't care much. Eventually I get tired of the noise. "CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP ALREADY?!" I yell. Everyone instantly stops. "Thank you. Now, you, on the bed. You four, over there." I say. They quickly follow my orders.

This is going to be excruciating. 

______________________________________

well, that's that. I hope you enjoyed. I kinda have writing block right now so yeah :/ 

but comment as always, they fuel my will to write!

anyways, toodaloo,

-Grilly