The Buds of Possible Friendships

i like this chapter. I want to know what your favorite part was. both in this chapter and in the book so far! I'm curious. but you dont have to tell.  

_____________________________

Pink's POV:

Now it's just me and the kids who tried to kill me. Nice. They seem like good kids.

"Umm so, what's your favorite kind of music?" I ask nervously. They look at me with confused faces. Please just answer, it's so much worse when you just stare at me. "Umnevermind." I say looking back at the ground.

"No we're fine with ya askin', it's just that usually when you meet new people you ask for their names first. It's just strange to ask a random question." Says the one with a large fedora. He was the one who lassoed me.

"Sorry about that. I never ask for someone's name because then I have to tell them mine. It's just a force of habit to not tell my name. Fake or real." I respond. They nod.

"Well I'm Texas." Says the one with the lasso. He stands up, walks over and holds out his hand. I look up at him confused as I lift my hand to shake his. We shake hands and he pulls me up. So now I'm standing.

The other two stand up and walk in front of me and next to Texas. "I'm Oregon, I'm not sorry about choking you." She says putting her hands into her jacket pockets. "You shouldn't be. You had a good hold on me. You all jumped me really well. I didn't hear you coming at all!" I say in a chipper voice.

"You see, normal people aren't happy when they admit that they are easily taken down. Your strange man. I'm Florida." The third one said chuckling.

He looked especially interesting. He was wearing a colorful button up shirt. It was red with yellow flower patterns. It was unbuttoned showing a large scar on his chest. He was also wearing a pair of shorts, they were teal with blue triangle patterns on them. There were multiple scars all over him. He looks hyper. That's the best word I can use to describe him.

"Those looked like they hurt!" I say. He looks at me and it takes me a few seconds to realize what I said. "Shoot! Sorry, I wasn't thinking! Gosh I must sound so inconsiderate!" I only just started talking to them and I already messed up! Pink your fine. Shut up already 'hhhnnngggg!' Are you ok?

"Nah man. Don't worry about it! I wear these proudly for a reason. I feel worse when it doesn't catch people's attention." Florida said, smiling. "Oh thank heaven! I thought I messed up!" I say relieved.

"No you definitely did the right thing mentioning his 'I'm an idiot' scars." Oregon says sarcastically. "Tch, like your ant better with your 'look at me I'm spooky' crap. None of that's real." Florida says. "Now how's about y'all calm down before this turns into a feud." Texas Says.

They both gave each other looks and simultaneously said "fine."

"Speaking of scars, do you have any good ones?" Florida asks me. I wasn't prepared for that question so I recoiled a bit. "Umm Yeah. I guess. What makes a scar good?" I ask.

"You know, it has a good story to tell. A powerful story, a scary story, a stupid story. Just something that makes it especially memorable." Florida Says. I think for a moment.

Most of my scars don't have anything I like remembering attached to them. But there is one.

"There's one on my leg." I say. "Nice!" Florida shoves me onto the couch and sits himself on the ottoman. "Dude, you could warn him you know. Sometimes I think you don't know the meaning of the word gentle." Oregon says.

"It's ok I'm fine. A warning would be nice though..." I say. I pull up my left pant leg half way. The large scar going up the side of my led showed. "Dude, that thing is huge! How did you manage that!" Florida says excited. Texas slaps him in the back of the head. "Geez, Fine I'm sorry." Florida says.

"Anyways, umm. I was manifested as a seven year old. So when I was still seven I decided I wanted to try to jump off the roof." I explain. "So we have something in common. I too like jumping off of the roof for no reason." Florida Says. I laugh a bit.

"So I got a running start and jumped off the edge. Whatever I was doing I failed miserably and quickly realized that I was going to fall flat on the ground. The ground that was by the way, the spot my father put his garden." I say. "Ooohhh that's a death note right there! Garden is always a bad sign." Florida said.

"Mmmhm. I knew I was going to be dead, so I tried to grab onto the tree that I had also forgotten was there. Honestly this plan was doomed for failure from the start." I say as I start to laugh at my own past stupidity.

"So I tried to grab the branches of the tree and I grabbed it and it snapped because why not and the branch below that one caught the side of my leg and cut it right open. Then I fell into my dad's flowers anyways." I say, finishing the story.

"Man that sucks! What did Second do?" Florida asks. "Oh you know, yelled at me for being stupid and not thinking things through. As for fixing the injury? Tylenol, bandages, and peroxide fix everything right?" I reply. All of them make a face of pain and say "ouch!" At the same time. I laugh a bit. "It hurt a lot but it left this behind so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

I pull my pant leg down and sit there awkwardly. "You good there?" Florida asks. I nod.

"I'm back!" We hear America say. As he steps off of the last step of the staircase.

"We were just havin a conversation about the scar on Third's leg." Oregon says. "Yeah! Good story too!" Florida Says. I just get more uncomfortable.

"Well I'm taking you back over to Britain in a few hours." America announces. "Why not now?" I ask. "What do you mean?" America asks me. "Why don't you just take me back now? Get me out of your hair." I say.

"You're not what I would call an inconvenience. You're not a bother either. You seem to be getting along with the states so far so I don't see why I should take you back so early. After all, you just got here." America explains.

I leave it at that and end the conversation there. The door clicks and opens showing a tall boy with a hat. Like the one Soviet wears. And a girl. She looked familiar. I recognize her from somewhere. Is that Hawaii? 

_______________________________-

the plot thickens

dont forget to comment!

anyways, toodalo, 

-Grilly