A Walk in The Snow

Sorry I have been gone for so long. I've been busy with school and all. But here you go! I hope you enjoy!

______________________________________

Soviet's POV:

The next morning I woke up and got dressed. I walked up stairs and opened the door to the attic. What do I see? I see the room is clean. The makeshift bed is made. His bag was still sitting in the corner. He was sitting in the middle of the room looking dead. He was just blank faced; looking at the ground.

He wasn't talking to Pink. He has a different expression when he talks in his head. He looked empty. I read about this in the logbook. Red shuts down when conflict arises. I let him go through this as needed. This is why the logbook is helpful. Normally I would think he was ignoring me and that would make things worse.

I walk over to him and sit next to him. He was already dressed. He was wearing his yellow button up and his tan khakis again. Another thing I noticed; he has a sucker in his mouth. "Where did you get that?" I ask. "Hospital." He quietly answered. "When?" I ask.

"When you weren't looking." He answered just as quickly and quietly. "So you stole one of the front desks suckers?" I asked. "I asked first." He said. "And they said yes?" I say raising an eyebrow. "They didn't say no." He replied. "Fair enough. How many have you taken?" I ask. "About thirty." He said. I laugh a little. "So you have a sweet tooth? Why didn't I guess?" I say. Smiling.

He just shrunk down a bit. I should switch the topic. "Well I was thinking we should eat some breakfast and take a quick walk around the mountain. After that we have lunch and get your wings situated and after that we can, I don't know, do something fun?" I say. "Sure." He said with some clear negativity. He didn't like the first half of the plan. Britain noticed that when he's in a bad mood he is a pain when it comes to eating. So this will be fun.

Actually, you know what? I'm not forcing him to eat. He can do what he wants in that regard. His eating schedule is back on track so he'll get hungry eventually. And when he does THEN I'll tell him he should have eaten. That should work right? Yeah it'll work.

We go downstairs and he walks over to the trash can. He then proceeded to grab the little white stick of the lollipop and yank on it with brutal force. Ripping the stick out of the candy. Then he threw the stick away and ate the candy as if it were a jawbreaker in its final minutes.

I, on the other hand, ate breakfast like a normal person while he wandered around and scanned every centimeter of my dining room. Not going to lie, it was pretty creepy.

After I was done he did the dishes like he always insists on doing. And then I walk to the coat rack and grab my tan trench coat and ushanka. I put them on and he was still not wearing any sort of coat or anything. I looked at him as he stood in front of the door. "You sure that's a good idea there, person who can't handle drinking water with ice in it?" He darted me a look but quickly looked back at the door. He knew I was right.

I'll never let him forget about that. I mean, who gets a brain freeze from cold water? Who gets the shakes from cold water? He is super sensitive when it comes to temperature. That's what happens when you grow up in your bedroom and are never allowed to go outside I guess.

"Do you have a coat?" I ask. He shakes his head slightly. I sigh and scan him. "I think I have something that will fit you. I think Estonia was about your size." I say as I walk over to the closet. I sift through it for a second before finding the jacket. "Oh here it is." I pull it out and put the hanger back where it goes.

It was a dark grey jacket. Not quite black but close. It had blue gold and red accents on it. I had almost forgotten about this jacket. I hand it to him. He puts it in and it fits fine. He buttoned it up with ease. There's being good at doing buttons and there's this. No one should be this good at doing buttons. Please wear different clothes. I'm begging you!

He lifts the hood and opens the door instantly the wind shoved him an inch or two back. He shut the door quickly and banged his head on said door. Then he groans and opens the door again. This time he's prepared for the wind. It doesn't shove him back as much but I can tell he's using all of his leg strength to keep himself grounded.

I walk in front of him with my hands in my pockets. "It got kind of windy." I say. "zum Schweigen bringen!" [shut up!] he yelled. I chuckle a little. He's so short! He's what? Five foot? I'm over a third taller! So weak and small! I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

I grab his arm and start to drag him. I shut the door and lock it. Then I continue to drag him through the snow despite his clear protests. At some point he shook out of my grip and started to walk next to me. Or attempt to walk next to me I should say.

I watched him struggle to walk though the wind and snow. I stopped and looked at him. "Use your muscles." I say. "What muscles?!" He yells. I laugh loudly at his response. I was not expecting him to say that.

We soon walk over a little hill on the mountain side and the wind is blocked so we can walk normally again. Now to start conversation. "So, how's that book you're reading?" I ask. "Informative." He said. "I would hope. Do you like mechanics? Like your son?" I ask. "No, I just like learning stuff. It's fun. I used to do it all the time as a kid. It's how I killed time. That and I taught myself to draw." He said.

"Also, Germany likes electricity and the currents of technology." He corrected. He was right. I did say the wrong thing. Huh, you would think he didn't pay attention enough to notice his interests but he did. "You remember that?" I ask. "Of course I do. He did a lot of stuff because of his interest in electronics." He said. "Like what?" I asked with curiosity.

"...he took apart the radio. And the projector. And my lamp. He messed with the lights all the time. He cut the power once. But he always managed to fix it. Much more natural talent than I ever had." He said with a sigh. "Did you get mad?" I ask. "Ub-iv-is-ly I did but I know talent when I see it so I just told him not to do it to things we need. Like the generator. God that day sucked." He said. I wait a few seconds. What the hell is "Ub-iv-is-ly"? Oh that's right! 

_____________________________________

I hope you enjoyed! Sorry again that this took so long. Comment as always!

Anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly