Finish Up

Hello everyone. Happy Father's Day of course. Sorry this took so long. But here you go!
________________________________

Germany's POV:
We both got up and he just awkwardly grabbed his bag. "Damn. You grabbed a lot." He said. "The whole bowl." I said. "Clearly." He said as he took the bowl out of his bag. "Oh- umm. I was in a rush." I said. He just laughed a little. This is going well.

We exited the room and began to walk down the hallway. He stopped and scrunched his face a bit. Then shook his head. "What was that?" I asked. He looked at me confused for a second before getting a face of realization. "Oh. Right. I learned how to yawn with my mouth closed." He said. I just looked at him. "Why?" I asked. He shrugged. "America says it's because of hatred of my own body. I think it's because it's rude to do otherwise." He said.

"But at this point, I know I'm wrong." He said. "What makes you think you're wrong?" I asked. Knowing he is in fact wrong. "Germany. I just failed elementary level tests up there. I shouldn't act like I know anything." He said with a sigh. I didn't know how to respond to that. Sure I've failed before. But that? That has to sting in a whole different way.

"But. The good thing is that you seem to not have that problem. You're intelligent." He said. "That doesn't mean you're not." I said. He stopped and looked at me. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Did you ever go to school?" I asked. He shook his head. "Were you given a proper home education?" I asked. "Can't say we did." He replied. "And what were these tests over?" I asked. "Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Magic and Memory." He said. "And you failed all of them?" I asked. He thought. "We passed memory. But that's not an achievement." He said. "It was just a game." He added on.

"What are you good at?" I asked him. He looked surprised at the question. "Me. Specifically?" He asked. It took me a moment but it came to me. "Yes. You specifically." I say. He thought for a second. "My job is to protect Pink. His job was to protect you. So. Fighting I suppose. Buying time was a useful skill. Maybe distracting. I don't know." He said.

"You have good analytical skills. I've noticed that. And. For some reason. You didn't mention your artistic skills either." I said. "Meh. They were fun. But not really. I don't know. Useful. Not to others anyways." He said. "You know how to sew, right?" I asked. "Yeah. How do you know that?" He asked. Shit. I didn't think this through.

How do I tell him I snooped through his shit. Without telling him I snooped through his shit. "I found out recently that you made clothes." I said. He got a flustered expression. "Oh. You did? Heh. Who..who told you that?" He asked. Well damn it. I can't say JE, Soviet, or Britain because he'll ask them about it. I can't say FI because I don't even know the man. And I can't say Poland cuz that would be super weird. Ok Germany. Take it like a man.

"I may. Possibly. Have seen your bedroom before." I said. He just looked at me. "So you've always known I was a hot mess with no self control then?" He asked, incredibly unenthusiastically. "No." I said. "When exactly did you see it? Did you do it on some escapade or something?" He asked. "You could say that." I said. "Well. I'm glad you have nothing bad to say." He said.

We keep going up the steps and enter the top floor. I hear him take a breath and we keep walking. We turn the final corner and we see them all in the hallway. Right where we left them. "Sorry." Was the first thing said. It was my father obviously.

"Welcome back. We've gotten a different doctor. Egypt has been removed from the premises for now." Britain said. He nodded and walked back into the room. There, another human doctor was standing. She had the tray of anaesthesia on a table and was simply waiting. My father took a breath as he sat back down and began to undo his shirt again.

I shut the door. Keeping me, Britain, and Soviet outside. "What happened?" Britain asked me. "Family time." I said sitting down. I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye and we went back to being quiet.

Maybe another half an hour later the doctor leaves and he's done. When we walk in my dad looks scared out of his fucking mind. He's swaying from side to side and it's honestly really odd. His wings were shut now though. Soviet walked next to him. "Are you ok?" He asked. He shook his head. "I. I can't feel. My shoulders. I can't move my arms. I can't feel up and down." He said, not making eye contact with anyone and continuing to stare blankly at the ground.

"Well that's certainly not good. How are your legs?" He asked. "They're fine. No problem there." He said. "That is good. Here. Let me help you up, ok?" He said. My father nodded and then Soviet and JE helped him up. They walked out of the room and into the hall where Britain and I were. He saw us and got a look of realization on his face. "Britain! Hi. Didn't know. You were Uhh. Here." He said. Britain smiled a little.

"Hold on." He said as he went to grab his bag. JE handed it to him. He proceeded to open it up and take out a book. "Here. I finished it. I meant to thank you when I saw you before. But I forgot. So. Thank you." He said, handing it to him. "You're welcome. I can get you another if you want." Britain offered. "That would be amazing. But. Not now." He said. "That's fine." Britain finished.

"I think I should take you home. Yes?" Soviet asked. Third nodded. "Could I come too." I offered. I don't know why I asked. But I just have a feeling. And my gut feelings are rare but correct. Soviet looks surprised. "I guess so." He said. My father looked at me confused. He then got a look of pain. "Ah!" he exclaimed. "What's wrong?" JE asked. "Nothing. Pink came out of his daydream." He said. "Yes, I talked to him. Now shut up please, we already have a headache." He said.

Well. No going back now. Time for him to reunite with his sister I guess? Man. This is going to be loud and awkward, won't it?

________________________________
Hope you enjoyed! Comment as always!
Anyways, toodaloo,
- Grilly