Magic Sleep

ahhh, more lore and magic explaining. and also, Britain. who says no to a good Britain chapter?

_________________________

Britain's POV:

I woke up at 5:30 in the morning. I was the only person awake for a while. I get ready, put on a more casual suit and I go to the room Third was in. The sun was only just starting to rise so he should not be awake yet.

I open the door as quietly as possible. There are some cons to putting him in the room with the squeakiest door. I open it without waking him up. I don't know how, but I did.

I walk in and see him. He was curled up in a ball under the covers. His face was covered with the blanket as well. The only part of him you could see is his eyes.

I cast a sleep spell so that way he won't wake up. Then I leave. I make a quick breakfast for myself and cut up some carrots for Third later. I get the car ready and go back upstairs. I uncover him and pick him up.

America was right, he is really light. I take him to the car and lay him down in the back seat. I close and lock the front door of the house and get in the driver's seat of the car.

I start the car and end the spell. He will stay asleep for a little while because of the spells side effects. I started to drive and about forty-five minutes later he woke up.

"Why am I in a car?" He asked as he sat up. "Well you said we would need to force you and I didn't want to have a fist fight so I put you in the backseat while you were asleep." I say.

"How did I not wake up? I'm usually a light sleeper." He asks. "I have my ways." I reply. "That's reassuring." He said under his breath

"Oh by the way. I brought you some carrots for you when you woke up. They should be in the cup holder next to you." I say. He finds them.

I park the car. "Ok, we're here." I say. "Already!?" He asks with surprise. "You slept through most of the drive." I say. We both got out of the car and I cast a dome cage on him. Just in case.

"Who said that?" Third randomly asked. "Who said what? Were the only people out here." I replied, turning to him. "Oh nothing! Must just be my imagination." He says.

As we walk I hear Third start to run and then the sound of someone running into a wall. "I thought you would do that." I say stopping. He touched the wall. "What did you do?" He asks. "A dome cage spell. Although I like to call it the donut prison." I say with a smile.

"What?" He asked. "Basically, you are unable to be over one and a half meters away from me in any direction. I am also put in a little slot in the middle so you can't touch me either. That's why I call it a donut." I explain. He try's to touch me but fails. "Oh." Is all he says.

"Mhm, the best part about this spell is that it only affects you. Other people can walk right through those walls with no problems. They can also touch me and you but you can't touch me or leave." I continue.

"Oh my." He says. "Another perk of the spell is this." I say as I start to walk. I hear him being pushed. The soles of his shoes grinding against the concrete. "I don't feel any extra weight. You can't stop it." I say continuing.

He follows me inside. "There, was that so hard?" I ask him. He doesn't reply. I turned to face him and he was standing still. He was shaking slightly and looking at the floor. "Are you alright?" I ask. No response. He starts to breath harder. Oh gosh, a panic attack.

I see JE come from the other side of the room. She was sitting on one of the benches but rushed over to her friend. She puts her hand over his eyes and he flinches.

"What do you taste?" She asked. "Carrots." He says. "What do you smell?" She asked "Bleach." He replied. "What do you feel?" She asked. "My clothes." He responds. "What do you hear besides my voice?" She asked. "Heels clacking down a hallway." He said.

"Now tell me, what do you see?" She says not taking her hand off of his face. "A hospital. They won't let me leave here. They want to do things to me. Horrible things." I said with fear. "Do you know what I see?" JE asked. "No." He said. "I see a hospital too. But not the one you remember. I see one where the soul purpose of each person is to help other people. You are a person." She explains. "Now tell me again, what do you see?" she says removing her hand.

He looked around. "I see a hospital. One where I am a patient. I am here for an appointment that was set up for my well being." He said. "There we go." She says smiling. "Thanks JE, you always know exactly what to do." Third said. "Yeah yeah, it's only the seventieth something time I've had to do that to you." She says. "Only seventy? I thought the number would be higher." Third said with a weak smile.

So that's how you get him to calm down. I'll have to remember that. I should write that down in the logbook. This is important information for everyone.

"Well it's almost seven o'clock. We should check in." I say walking to the front desk. I hear Third slam into another wall. Oops.

"Britain?" JE asked. "Yes?" I answer. "Did you put Third in a donut prison?" She asked with clear amusement. "Yes I did. He's been a lot easier to control." I say. "Yeah I wonder why." JE said with a laugh.

I put my full name on the sign in sheet. "Third, you have to sign too." I say. He writes his name next to mine.

Egypt comes from around the corner a few minutes later. "Ok, it's time for your appointment. Come with me." She said. Third did not reply. He appeared to be analyzing the ceiling.

JE snickers and walks to him. She pokes his shoulder and he flinches but also snaps out of his trance. "Oh, what is it?" He asked. "It's seven o'clock. Your appointment is about to start." JE says pointing to the ticked off Egypt.

I took the spell off and told Third to go with Egypt. He made a pleading expression silently saying he didn't want to go alone. I understand, we all have our fears. JE got his plea and went with him.

They leave and I take the logbook out of my pocket. I opened it and wrote the trick JE used to calm down Third. Then I ask what room is Greece's. 

_____________________________________________

welp, comment how you think things are going to go. 

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly