What do you do when your laptop has a dead battery?

German boi time! 

____________________________________

Germany's POV:

I woke up to my alarm. It was loud and a certain kind of annoying. I can't hate it but I don't necessarily like it. I realize that I fell asleep at my desk, again. A plethora of papers laid on my desk in a disorganized fashion. I stand, stretch, and turn off my alarm. Then I organized my desk. I opened my laptop to finish some work but I quickly realized that I didn't plug it in and now it's dead. Shit.

I sigh and plug in my laptop and lay back in my chair. For no apparent reason my dad came into mind. I thought I would forget about the whole ordeal. I decided to do something. I have a small box, a shoebox to be precise, filled with all the things that reminded me of my father. It's under my bed.

I put them all in a box so I wouldn't get distracted from work but right now I don't have any work I can do so i might as well. Maybe now I can look at these items with a different feeling although I doubt it. I kneel on the floor and pull the dusty box from under my bed.

I take off the lid and put it to the side leaving the open box in front of me. I take a breath and take out the first item. A pair of glasses. They had a big round frame and the glass was not the best but they were my first pair of glasses. I was manifested with eye problems, my vision is extremely blurry without the help of spectacles.

This pair was given to me by my dad. I still remember the feeling I had when he gave them to me. Being able to see him and the world around me for the first time. It was exciting but scary. I asked Imperial Japan once where he got them and she said he found them abandoned in a library, what he was doing in a library in the middle of a war is beyond me but that's where they came from.

They were always big on me and kept falling off my face. I guess that's why the frame has so many dents. The glass was old and slightly yellowed. I took off my glasses and put these on. I'm not sure why, but I did. They were terrible. I don't like round glasses and the glass was so bad I couldn't read. But they are better than nothing.

I put them on the floor and put on my superior more modern glasses and moved on to the next item. It was a photograph. Of me, my dad, and imperial Japan. Apparently Fanciest Italy took the picture. Or at least that's what it says on the back. On the back it said; 'lights always flicker before they die. F.I. spring 1943'

It was Fanciest Italy's handwriting and I never quite understood what he meant by that. I asked him once and all he said was; "pick something, lights come in all colors after all." Why can't anyone give me a straight answer?

The photo itself had the three of us just laughing, I don't know what was happening but we were happy. We were sitting on the floor and I was in my dad's lap and imperial was across from us. They were both wearing their uniforms and I was holding my dad's hat.

Imperial gave me the picture and I know where it came from. At some point she got a camera and she would take pictures. Most of them are just like this one, happy. The film she used to take all the pictures was called 'the last light'. She has an entire scrapbook type thing with all the pictures in it. There are so many references to light with all of them. It's like they have this inside code or metaphor, it's right there and I can't figure it out.

The next item actually belonged to my dad. It was a drawing. Made by imperial as a joke. It was of me and my dad asleep. This was made to take a jab at something my dad said. He said that it was creepy and weird to take pictures of people when they are asleep, the next day she gave him this.

She said it wasn't a picture so it didn't count and he couldn't get mad. His response was laughter. It was a well drawn picture though. Quite realistic. It could almost pass as a photo. She said that it took an hour and it was especially hard to draw because my dad moves a lot in his sleep.

The next item was a key. It had a note attached that said bottom left. This is an important key. It was the key that they used to find me. To think that all of that happened around me and I didn't even notice. To think about his last words to me and only now fully understand what he meant. To understand why his rose quart eyes were glossy and filled with regret.

That's enough of that for now. I'm going to go make some coffee. 

______________________________

oOoOoOoOoOoO comment as always.

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly