The Face of Purity

I meant to post this on Christmas- I think it's safe to say I got busy. But I have a lot to announce! I have a discord server linked in my bio! Come and join! My YouTube is active again as you can see from the animation I linked. I also started a comic series and it's being dubbed!

So yeah, I'm always on discord so go ahead, message me! I don't mind one bit. For anything from questions or just to talk. I might do art streams on there or something sometime.

Anyways, I'll stop taking-
___________________________
Pinks POV:
My very strong and powerful happiness was amazing to feel. I'm finally getting better. I...I might just be ok. Everything might just work out.

I watch Red, who is in control of the body, start to follow the next set of instructions. Transforming. God, we haven't been in our human form for so long. I only kinda remember what it's like to be in it despite being in it for so long as a kid.

We stood up and were told to stand in the middle of the room. "Now. Change forms. It's a natural habit and you should be able to recover it now." Japan said to us. Red took a breath and I could feel it. The magic. The raging blood rushing feeling of magic in you. A relief to feel again.

It was painful but I know it will be worth it. Just a little bit more. And we can be happy. After a few excruciating attempts. We got it. A flash before our eyes and the body felt different. It looked different. Red was breathing heavily and looked down at our hands. Pale. We're pale! That's a human skin tone!

Red ran to the mirror that was in there. Probably to do some illusion magic. Or to test our ability more. But there we were. Human form. Pale skin, wavy gold blonde hair, our natural makeup giving us blush and a few freckles. I'm so happy!

"You look like you're twelve." Japan said. "Hay! We stopped ageing at sixteen. Thank you very much!" Red replied. It's true. Don't disrespect this form. Because now we can finally go out in public! We can talk to people! It's finally gone!

It's so nice to have it off. That stupid agregeoise symbol. It's gone. At least for now. Now I look normal. Now I am passable. I am now fit for social interactions. This is such an amazing thing!

JEs POV:
I looked through the glass. Third was looking into a mirror and very lightly caressing his face. Then he started turning and scanning his whole body. Looking happier as he went. "Please sit back down." My son said.

"Hell no! Give me a second you impatient little thing." He said in return. I'm guessing anyway. I merely read his lips. But with him being him, that's what he said.

Then he did something we weren't expecting. He began to take off his shirt. He frantically started to undo the buttons and we all were pretty stunned. Then he got the last button and opened his shirt. I've never seen him with so little coverage before.

He looked at himself and seemed ecstatic.

Reds POV:
Look at that chest and stomach! No scars to be seen! Oh the joys of forms not being interchangeable. All those scars only exist in that hell form we have. This one is nice and pure. Well, as pure as we can get that is.

No surgical scars. No stab wounds. No cuts. No burns. Nothing. Now we just need it to rain again; and we'll finally be clean. We will be ok. Happy. It will all go away. No more problems. It's all over.

Soviet's POV:
I was stunned. I only saw him in human form on rare occasions. A few times before the war started. And a few times after. Then I wouldn't see him for long stretches of time. They said he was gone on a secret mission. And upon his rare returns he did refuse to talk about it. Always looking uncomfortable when the topic was brought up.

Instead choosing to talk about anything else. Although the topics we would talk about regarding the war dwindled with each time he came back from his missions. Until eventually we didn't speak about it at all. Instead talking about art in all its forms or telling jokes.

His people didn't really like it when he was in human form. No one would tell me why. So none of the other flags know. And all the humans who did are dead.

...those. Those weren't missions, were they?

We're so stupid.

I can't believe we all actually fell for that. I mean. We were suspicious; but didn't expect any of this. We thought he was just stressed or anxious. Which he was, but not over what we thought.

God, I feel so bad. I could have stopped all of this. I could have helped. But I was too stupid to notice what was wrong. He could have gotten help so much earlier. Or had a place to recover after the war at the least.

But. It's best not to dwell on it. You can't change the past no matter how hard you try. Things are getting better. He's happy. That's what matters. It took a while. But it's ok. I'm mending my relationship after having so many regrets with how I handled it being broken off. And now I regret it more. Who wouldn't?

I wish he would talk more. I want to understand him better. Understanding brings empathy. And with empathy brings the vast help one can give. And despite my harsh attitude when he came back; I do truly want to help. I would not have taken him if I didn't.

Although the fact he's talking at all is surprising. America, at the last meeting, was saying that his verbal skills should have plummeted. The fact he's not slurring, stuttering or developed a lisp is astonishing. And that's if he still talked at all.

This is not saying his verbal skills are still as good as they were. His vocabulary is definitely less developed, and his pronunciation of most words is slightly off in one way or another. And he has almost completely forgotten the Italian and Russian he did know. Leaving him fluent in three.

America's theory as to why it didn't drop as much as it should have was because Red and Pink had each other. It may have not been a healthy relationship; but it did keep them talking.

Everything is working out. That Myth has seemingly left him alone. Good thing too. Could have been bad.
___________________________
Oh yeah, sure there bud-
Hope you enjoyed! Comment as always!
Anyways, toodaloo,
- Grilly