Questions are Dangerous

here you all go. hope you enjoy.

___________________________________

Britain's POV: 

   "So, I'm going to start off with some easy questions then work up to harder ones. I would prefer you have an answer but you don't have to." I say. He calms down a little as his posture becomes less professional and tense.

"First off. As you were coming up the stairs, I noticed you were completely silent. Not making a single noise. If you were to run away, would the room I put you in stop you?" I ask. His eyes change Red. "Do you want the honest answer, the brutally honest answer, the meh honest answer, or what you want to hear / blatant lie?" He asks.

"Any of the honest ones will work." I say. "No. The room you put me in makes little to no complications for me if I were to run away. I'm kind of a professional in the field." He said, crossing his arms, almost looking proud.

"But I have no rhyme or reason to run away so I wouldn't worry too much about it." He said with a shrug. "You don't want to get away from us?" I ask. "Do you want me too?" He says. "No, I'm just a little surprised. You seem so different now compared to when you first got back." I say.

"When I first got back I was pissed. I was not happy on any records. I wanted to be back in my hole in the ground that Pink recklessly took us out of." He started. "I was also feeling some feelings I didn't exactly like nor was familiar with. It made me feel...vulnerable. And so I dealt with my problems the only way I know how. I forced it to go away. That of course didn't work." He continued.

For the first time he's getting into personal stuff. Usually Pink has these kinds of conversations. But he needs to let stuff out too. "It wasn't until after I ran away from the meeting building that I started to get more comfortable here. With you and America specifically. I knew you wouldn't hurt me. I had some hope that I didn't need to fight anymore. And so far, for the most part anyways, I've been right." he said. "That makes some sort of sense. I'm just glad you haven't done anything too brash yet." I say.

"What did the lady you have been seeing look like?" I ask. Scorland looks at me strangely. "Just go along with it." I whisper to my brother. "She was a little girl. She looked like she was from the Victorian era. She looked sweet and talked to me as such. She sounded demnted though and the more I see her the less innocent she looks." he says.

"Was she floating? Glowing? Anything else?" I ask. "Yes. she floated and seemed to teleport as I blinked. She teleported me to America as a matter of fact. I would have gotten lost in those woods if it weren't for her. She was glowing and had no color." he replied.

That's not good. "Oh and she said that I was extremely important," he added on. That's definitely not good. "Told you it was stupid. I'm just imagining things. Being alone does that to you I guess." he said. "Yeah...it does. But just so you don't have to see her anymore. You're not allowed in the woods. Definitely not without another person who is armed with a high MEL." I say.

He made a confused face. "Ok?" he says. "Good." I say. We get back to work. Why is he being followed by a myth? This is not good at all. He could get used, or killed! It's clear he doesn't know what a myth is. Lucky, this could be a lot worse if he knew.

The day went as normal and so did the next few days. Nothing really happened. Third has been taking his pills and we finally got results. He can do magic again! His vortex is back together but he still can't use it because it needs time to heal. He will get the full boosters earlier than expected.

We had just finished doing our morning work in the library when I figured it was time for me to ask about what I saw on his back. We take our break outside like normal. We were sitting on the beach and the wind was blowing, making a refreshing feeling.

"Can I ask you a question?' I ask. "Sure." he says without even glancing at me. He's comfortable. Maybe what America said about not making every question feel like an interrogation was true.

"First, not to sound rude, but it seems you don't have the best social skills. You never have. May I ask why?" I ask. He looks at the sand for a moment and draws little lines and dots not making any particular imagery. "I didn't get out much as a kid. I was either always inside, or I had no home to return to. That seems to be consistent with me." he said.

"I'm not anti-social or anything of that nature. I was just never allowed outside the house. Or my room at times. I was almost nine when I finally made my first social interaction with someone that wasnt my dad or Vatican." he continued. He smiled softly, still looking at the sand as he moved it around with his fingers. "Guess who that was." he said. "JE?" I ask. He just nodded.

"She was very different back then. I was too. I won't say I'm not awkward now but I am better than I used to be. There were even times in my life where I was socially confident. I just walked up to some boys and started talking. Of course, they couldn't understand most things coming out of my mouth. That was before I got rid of my tedious accent." he said.

He chuckles to himself a little. "You know, now that I think about it. Most of my birthdays mark an important personal moment in my life. My eighth and ninth are particularly important. Not always for good reasons mind you." he said, starting to veer off topic.

"I mean, my eighth birthday can be summed up with; happy birthday! You are now disowned! Here's a book!" he said with a laugh. That's not a normal thing to laugh about but I forced a chuckle as well just to keep the mood light.

Based on what he just said the tension between him and his father has been there for a long time. I wonder what he did to be disowned. On his birthday of all times! Not to sound like I'm a professional on the topic, but isn't it usually when you disown someone you throw them out entirely? Out of the house, out of your sight, out of your life? Strange.

"Second question, what's the black thing on your back?" I ask, maybe being a little too blunt. He jumps a little and seems to be panicking before he quickly calms down. Strange reaction. "It's nothing. I've had it my whole life. I don't like it very much." he said, trying desperately to keep eye contact but glancing at the front door about fifty meters away multiple times. "So like a birthmark?" I ask. "You could say that." he replied. This needs further investigation.

"Just to make sure what you're saying is true, I need you to take your shirt off. Can you do that?" I ask calmly. He gets a look of panic again. His eyes keep changing color and he is starting to hyperventilate a little. I stand to go and calm him down like the last time he got like this but he jumps and scoots back from me. Like he did with Soviet on his first day back but less violent.

England walks over as well. He had a look of concern just like I did. This however, did not help at all. "I-I would p-p-prefer if you let me k-keep my-y clothes on!" he said with a panicked smile. "If you don't want to that's ok, just take deep breaths." I say calmly. He closes his eyes and does as such. He finally calms down after about forty-five seconds.

"How about you go ahead and run inside. We'll come in in just a second." I say. He nodded and ran off. "What in the name of the Queen just happened?" my brother asked. "I asked him about the black mark on his back." I say looking at the front door that just shut closed. "That's suspicious as hell." he replied. "Oh I know. I'm just trying to preserve my trust with him. If you want to try you can. But just know that he won't joke with you anymore."

He sighs a sad sigh. "That's a small price to pay for overdue answers." he said walking to the door. I sigh and follow. Will this go well? One can only hope at this point. We are too deep to go back now. 

___________________________________

oof, here we go guys. 

talk shit about the english brothers here:

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly