Tide, Tossed, Dragged

*trumpets*

SYOOOO-

ahem...anyways, Soviet. yep. book time.

______________________________

Soviet's POV:

I get in the driver's seat of the car. Buckle the seat belt. And put the keys in the car. I can feel Third's gaze on me. It's not a glare. It's the same feeling you get when someone is looking at you in fear. That light feeling one usually gets from a child in trouble who's desperately trying to avoid punishment, but has no idea how.

I just take a breath and put my foot on the gas. It's a long drive to my house. I live in the mountains in the far northeast. The hospital is in the mid south. I say about a forty-five minute drive.

The first twenty of those minutes were silent. Neither one of us dared to start a conversation. Every time I glanced a look at him he would quickly look away. He seemed more alert than normal. It may be the fact he's tied to a chair and in a one foot vicinity of me but I think he's scared.

I still find it strange to see him scared. It's just not normal for him to act that way. He was always the snarky, rude, I don't give a shit type of guy. He didn't get scared, he just looked at whatever it was with a deadpan expression and a raised eyebrow. As if he were non verbally saying 'you done yet?'

Now I know that's just Red being an ass. But even then. His eyes are still red. They haven't swapped all day. I wonder what's going on in there. I have always wondered for one reason or another what is going on in people's heads and he is no different. He went absolute dumb-shit when I knew him the first time. He always seemed a bit...twitchy I guess you could say. Something just didn't seem right.

He seemed fine at first but the closer we got to that one fateful day, the closer to complete insanity he got. Actually, now that I remember it better. He was always smiling. It almost never looked forced, almost never looked fake. He was just always smiling. This started after he did something bad. No one ever found out what he did. But it got his leader pissed at him.

Something about running or Poland? Something like that. Maybe I can ask? You know, now that he's not a complete megalomaniac / psychopath.

Who knows, maybe it was just a rumor. I mean, I guess that's exactly what it was. It was just one person whispering it to another in the hall. Like gossip. I guess we didn't have much better to do.

I overheard it while walking down the chow hall. They were talking unusually loud for the words they were using. It was all in broken English and some broken Russian. Like I said, we didn't have much better to do with our time. I don't blame them for trying to learn two other languages.

But because it was so broken I only got a few key words. I don't remember exactly what they said. But I do remember something about Poland. And running across the back field. The field at the back of the building that no one ever went to.

We got closer to my house and it started to lightly snow. It's colder in the north so this was to be expected. Finally, Third speaks. "Nien." He whispers to himself. I glance over and he's looking straight out the window. He had a look of anger. I don't know who or what he's talking to but he's mad. "Nien." He repeats, more sternly this time.

I looked back to the road and the snow started to fall even harder. "Komm schon! Ich bin gerade aus dem Schnee gestiegen!" [Come on! I just got out of the snow!] He yelled. It startled me a little. "What?" I asked.

"ist das Karma? Wird der Schnee mir für immer folgen? mit der Sonne gehänselt, bevor sie mir wieder weggenommen wird?" [is this karma? Will the snow follow me forever? teased with the sun before it is taken away from me again?] he said angrily. What in God's name is he yelling about?

"Can you tell me what you are yelling about?" I ask as I take a turn. "Nien." He said. Oh, OH! He wants to play this game. Well it's a multiplayer game and I can join. "двое могут играть в эту игру." [Two can play at that game] I say back.

"Verdammt! Ich erinnere mich an keine russische Sprache!" [Damn! I don't remember any Russian!] He said under his breath. This conversation is going to go absolutely nowhere. This is a competition, who's more stubborn? Who will use English first? We both stop for now.

I pull up to my house and park the car. I get out and walk up to the front door and unlock the door. "Oi!" I hear from behind me. I turn and see Third staring at me angrily through the windshield. Oh that's right! He's tied up.

I stood there for a moment. I make a face as if I were thinking about it. And then I waved my hand and I walked inside. He flipped his lid. I don't know what he was yelling because it was in German, but he was clearly pissed at me.

I put my stuff away and walked back out the door and started to laugh. This was hilarious to me! I walked over to the passenger door and opened it. "Привет" [hi] I say to him with a smile. "Fick dich." He said in a low voice with a glare. Maybe this will be nicer than I thought. If it keeps going like this I might actually enjoy this.

I unbuckle him then untie the rope. He grabbed his bag and ran inside. I lock the car and follow him. I walk in and see him on the floor opening his bag. He takes out a book.

Red's POV:

I grab my bag and run inside. I just try to move on from the absolutely fucking rude thing he just did to me. Going to leave me stranded in the cold! Fuck you!

I plop on the floor and put my bag in front of me. I open it with caution. After all, I don't know what he put in here. I see...a book. It's a book! I pulled it out. The title was 'How steam changed the world' . It was a history book about the steam engine and the industrial revolution!

There was a note stuck to the front. It read 'thank you for being so much help. I haven't seen my house this clean in years. For your help, I will let you borrow this book. I saw you eyeing it and thought you would enjoy it. I know Soviet only owns books in Russian and wanted to give you something to read. As long as you return it in one piece you can keep it for as long as you like.

- Britain'

I need to thank him the next time I see him. This was very nice of him. "что у тебя там?" [What do you got there?] I hear from behind me. I jump and almost throw the book at him. Luckily I didn't. That could have been bad. I would hate to have hurt Britain's book after he was kind enough to lend it to me.

"Tu das nicht!" [Don't do that!] I say. He looked at the book and nodded. "Понимаю." [I see.)] He says.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me across the small house and into a room in the back. It looked like a bedroom. I assume this is where I'm staying. He leaves for a minute and comes back with my bag and throws it at me. "У меня нет комнаты для гостей, поэтому ты останешься на чердаке." [I don't have a guest room so you will stay in the attic.] He said.

I just shrug and walk off to the other side of the room. This room didn't look like a guest room. Much too personalized. But this is a small house. Maybe I'm sleeping on the ground in what looks to be his room. Who knows.

I sit in the corner and pull out my sketchbook and pencil. I'm not quite sure what to draw. I look up and see Soviet looking at me puzzled and slightly mad. That's good enough. I start to sketch him and his wonderful expression. I get his face done and start on his hat when he grabs my leg and starts to drag me again.

I just let it happen at this point. He practically throws me up the stairs and walks up them after. I landed with a thump and I will admit that it hurt. He walks up, takes out a key and unlocks the door at the top. He opens it, flicks on the light and points inside looking at me. Signaling that he wanted me to go into the room.

I sigh and walk in. I don't think I should fight. At least, not yet.

_____________________________

alright, here's the deal my dudes. I'm going on a trip and wont be able to post for no more than a month. so yeah. ill be back but until then here is what you have. go absolutely insane I guess. but please, dont blow up my inbox. my computer has enough problems. but hay, if you like my stuff I have a YouTube now. so yeah. 

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly