Time and Place

the spelling and grammar in this chapter was terrible so I fixed it. 

____________________________________

His POV:
I pull him out of control. It's my turn. I know that he won't last a second in an interrogation. And to be honest, he should never be in control. He is weak, he is small and he is pathetic. I on the other hand, am superior.

I look at them with the strongest, most intimidating, poker face I can muster. They all look confused to a slight degree but they stay focused on their mission. The mission they will fail.

"So," America started. God, I hated his voice. His accent made me want to gag. At least the other two sound professional and intimidating to a degree. But America, no. He was annoying.

   "Where were you this whole time?" He asked looking me in the eye. I keep my face and don't answer. "You best give us an answer. You are not in the position to do otherwise." Britain said in a stern voice. "Nearby." I Said in a monotone way. "Don't lie." Soviet said threateningly. I let my poker face down a bit, allowing a slight smirk onto my face. "I said I was nearby." I repeated myself looking at him dead in the eyes.

   I fell off the chair. What was that? It hurt. It felt like I just got electrocuted. But by what? Nothing on me generates electricity!

Soviet came from around the corner of the table and looked down at me, literally and metaphorically. "Don't. Lie." He said in a terrifying voice. It made me feel small and pathetic. I know I'm small but I am definitely not pathetic! I could beat the crap out of him if I wanted to; and I wanted to so bad.

I stood up still hurting from the electrical shock I had just a second ago. I was nowhere near eye level with Soviet. I mean, I know I'm the youngest one in the room but Jesus, these guys were tall.

   I sat back down in my chair. I wanted to beat the shit out of them right then and there but, I can't do that now. That will have to wait until I'm in a better position.

"We will ask you again, where were you?" Britain said looking livid by my actions. "I was in the forest, the forest that is nearby." I said blankly. "Be specific." America said demandingly. "I was underground in a place only I know about." I responded, regretting saying the last part.

"Of course you were." America said under his breath, but I heard it. He seemed to be giving up on that question and appeared to be moving on.

Soviet's POV:
   Third shakes his head a bit and opens his eyes again. Am I crazy or are they a different color? Weren't they pink before? It was probably just the light.

   His expression changes after that. He looks more...tense, in an intimidating way. America starts. "So, where were you this whole time?" He asked. He gets a slight look of disgust that we all seem to take note of.

   He doesn't answer. I guess I spoke to soon when I said he wasn't being a struggle. "You best give us an answer. you are not in the position to do other wise." Britain said slightly annoyed. And in the most monotone voice I have ever heard from this man he said "nearby." I mean, to be fair, he answered.

   But I knew it wasn't the truth. So I replied with a simple but stern. "Don't lie." His response was too look at me dead in the eyes, repeat himself, and smirk. What is he doing?! 

   America shocks him after his response and he jumped and fell on the floor. I stand up and walk over to him, looking down at him. He looks confused and in pain. I'm a bit mad. I was hoping that he was at least a bit better but I guess I was wrong. "Don't. Lie." I say again and I sit back down.

   "We will ask you again, where were you?" Britain asked aggravated. "I was in the forest, the forest that is nearby." He said in another monotone voice. "Be specific." America demanded. "I was in a place underground only I know about." He said and his face made it obvious he chose his words wrong.

   "Of course you were." America said under his breath frustrated. This is going to be a long morning.

His POV:
   "You know what, let's start off with some easy questions instead. Do you know what year it is?" America asked, clearly trying to calm himself down. I did not. Time became an irrelevant source of measurement. I had no clocks and no watch so could not keep track. Wow, my sleep schedule must be really messed up then.

   "No, no I do not." I replied curious now. What year was it? I wanted to know how long it took for me to finally break my weak partner, I say, three decades at most.

   "It's 2020. It's been seventy-five years sense your disappearance." He said in a calm voice, possibly knowing how much this was going to freak me out.

   What, no, that can't be right. But he can't lie. Right? I know the poker face I had is no longer there. I could not believe it. "No...y-your lying...your only saying that to freak me out." I Said quietly not making eye contact and just staring at the table in front of me.

   America, in the calmest voice I have ever heard him speak to me said "there is a calendar on the wall behind you, I want you to look at it and read the date." I really don't want to look. I know he's not lying, but I want to convince myself otherwise.

   I take a deep breath and stand up and walk to the wall that was behind me and low and behold, there was a calendar. "February tenth.....20..20" you know what. Maybe he should have control right now. I need some time. Haha, funny joke. If only it was actually funny to me.

America's POV:
   "You know what, let's start off with some easy questions instead. Do you know what year it is?" I ask trying to calm myself. It's clear he's hiding something big. Something obvious to notice but not clear to say.

   He seemed to be thinking for a second before answering "no, no I do not." I have no idea how long he thinks he was down there, but that number is most likely half of the actual time he has.

   "It's 2020. It's been seventy-five years sense your disappearance." I say in a calm voice to not add brass knuckles to the mental punch in the face I was most likely giving this guy.

   Like I had predicted he mentally stopped. He went wide eyed and just looked as if he had frozen in front of us. Then he mumbled a soft "no...y-your lying...your only saying that to freak me out." I gave it a few seconds before I pointed to the wall behind him. "there is a calendar on the wall behind you, I want you to look at it and read the date." He took a deep breath and seemed to force himself to stand and walk to the calendar.

   He read the date and just stared at the wall talking to himself, mixed sentences each word in a different language. It was almost like he was having trouble sorting what dialect was what and just threw it all in one bowl.

__________________________
I don't know what I'm doing anymore but I hope it's at least a little good.
Anyways, toodaloo,

- Grilly