On The Way Home

At long long last. This chapter has finally been completed. This chapter is more lighthearted just because they needed a break to be honest. So yeah.
_______________________________

Germany's POV:
In order to avoid an argument, I removed myself from the room voluntarily. My father followed me into the dim hallways. Soviet shut the door, leaving us in total darkness. "Wow. Thanks." I said. I sigh and begin a simple light spell. "Close your eyes." I said before the light flashed into existence. I lightly tossed it upwards. Now the hall was somewhat lit up.

I looked in front of me. To my father. He looked somewhat out of it. Dizzy almost. "Are you ok?" I asked, not too concerned. He nodded a bit. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired." He said with an airy breath. "You should sit down." I said. He listened and did so. He brought his legs up to his chest and held them there. I look at his hands. I've been wondering for a while now why he had white gloves on. But upon closer inspection; they are bandages. Not gloves.

"Why are there bandages on your hands?" I asked. He lifted one of his hands so he could see; as if he didn't know what I was talking about. "Oh. A couple of reasons." He said. "Like what?" I questioned. He took a breath. "I bit them and so it was to stop the bleeding. And to keep me from doing more damage." He explained tiredly. Oh. He bites his hands? Not his fingernails, but his hands? Odd, but not surprising I suppose.

He shut his eyes as he leaned back once again. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Just shutting my eyes for a second. That's all." He reassured. "You know you're lying." I said, raising a brow. "I know I am." He admitted without moving. I just sighed. Soviet, what are you doing in there? I would like to leave before my dad falls asleep in the middle of an office hallway.

As I think this he changed positions. Instead opting to lay flat on the ground. He just blankly stared at the ball of light I made as it hovered up by the ceiling. He smiled and laughed a little. "It's a staaarrr." He sang. Great. Now he's getting delirious. I heard footsteps from down the hall. I look down the hall and see America's brother; Dixie. "Oh. It's you." He said looking at my dad on the floor. In response my father looked to him and glared at him. "Broom man." He said.

What? You know. Why do I bother asking? I heard Dixie sigh. "How are you doin' this eavnin' Germany." He asked, turning to look at me. I shrugged. "I'm so confused. But who cares." I said. "Heh. Ain't that the truth. How are you holding up?" He asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, all of this has to be a lot to handle; especially at a time like this." He said. I nodded. "It is. But I'm just trying to take it one day at a time right now. I'm making decisions I would never make on a normal day three months ago." I admit.

"Oh come on. I'm sure nothing too bad will happen." He said. "I put my phone in the fridge this morning. I'm tired." I said. "Ooooo. Yeh. That's not good." He said. "You're...really tall." My dad said looking up at the so called 'broom man.' Dixie just simply looked down at him. "You're on the floor there bud." He said matter-of-factly. "I am? I feel like I'm floating. Do you feel like that?" He asked, seemingly forgetting about the rivalry he made in his head two minutes ago.

Dixie just looked over at me, raising a brow. "I don't know either." I admitted. The door opened and the hall was flooded with bright light. I ended my spell as I closed my eyes. "Oh! Hello Americas southern brother." Soviet said. "Hey commie. I just need to tell UN I'm done cleaning so I can go home." He said. "Understandable. Although you are here really late." Soviet said. "Yeh, he asked me to clean the walls too. Out of the blue. I just did that, but ok mister boss man." Dixie said.

"He's been stressed lately." Soviet said in his defense. "True I guess. But yeah, good night to you all." He finished as he walked in. "Well JE. It was good being able to talk again; but you should go home now." Soviet said. JE nodded. "Yeah, I'm tired. Fluorescent lights don't do anything for feeling rested." JE replied with a light laugh.

She then waved goodbye and opened a portal to home. "Well. We should go to your house then." I said to Soviet. "True. We should." He looked around the hallway. "Look down." I said. Soviet did so and saw my father flat on the ground half asleep. "Hiiii." He said from the ground. Soviet looked at him for a moment. "Yeah. You're not walking." He said as he leaned down and picked him up. "Huh. It does feel like 41 kilos. That's good." Soviet said to him.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing Germany, just happy he's making progress." Soviet said. "May you make a portal to my house. Heh. I should have made one before I picked him up." He said with a slight sheepish tone. I just rolled my eyes and snapped my fingers, opening a hole in reality to his living room.

Soviets POV:
We step into my living room and the portal shuts behind us. "You get settled down here. I'm going to take him up to the attic." I said to Germany. He nodded. "I'm going to grab my laptop real quick." He said, I nodded and we went our separate ways.

I took him upstairs and sat him onto the ground. "How awake are you?" I asked. "Awake enough." He said before yawning. I glanced around and grabbed the neatly folded pajamas off the bottom of the makeshift bed. I set them in front of him. "Get changed and go to bed. I'll come check on you in a few minutes, ok?" I asked. He grabbed the shirt and nodded slightly.

I step out of the room and shut the door. I go down to my room and get changed into my night clothes. I hang up my coat and hat by the front door and then go back upstairs. I open the door and I don't see him. My heart skips a beat before I figure out where he is. I let out a sigh of relief and walked over to him. He was completely wrapped up in the blankets, his whole face was covered, only leaving the top of his head exposed. He appears to be breathing well so I get up and exit the room.

I get back downstairs and see Germany with his laptop bag slung around his neck and shoulder. "Did he pass out?" He asked. "Quickly. He seems comfortable, so we'll just leave him be till tomorrow afternoon." I say. "Tomorrow afternoon?" He asked. "Yes. When he does this he sleeps for an abnormal amount of time. Around fifteen straight hours." I explained. He nodded.

"I wish I could sleep that long." He mumbled. "I feel those situations are incompatible." I say with a chuckle. "Yes. I know. But one can still dream." He stated. "Speaking of dreaming, where am I sleeping?" He asked me. "I guess the couch. I didn't build this house thinking about guests." I admit with a laugh. He nodded; setting his bag next to the couch. "I'll see you in the morning then." He said. "Certainly Germany. See you tomorrow." I said as I left the living room and entered my own bedroom.

_______________________________
Tomorrow awaits us. A lot happened in 24 hours huh. It started with a walk on a mountain and a trip to the German household. The. We got Weimar coming back, a doctors appointment. A lot of tears and now they are going to sleep. At long last. Leave a comment as always.

Anyways, toodaloo,
- Grilly