Hints, Shots, and a Well Done Distraction

meanwhile with "shitiest father of the 18th century" 

_________________________________________

Third person's POV:

The German Empire was sitting in the living room, alone. He has been alone for a long time. After Germany moved out he never bothered to go out much. He was ok with that. He never liked people anyways.

He was just thinking. About so many things. Most included his son. He never liked talking about him. He was supposed to be a secret. But he just had to run away that day. The odds that JE would be walking through the woods at the same time and see him is so low it still makes his blood boil to think about.

This father was in a strange position all that time ago. Loving his son, but not caring about him. Wanting him gone, but not having it in him to abandon him. Not being able to make up his mind he just hid him from the world and refused to teach him basic things.

Cooking, swimming, self care, the law, the existence of humans, his own family history, self defense, how to lead, social skills, and so much more. It's sad really. How hard he tried to "protect" him, but it was his downfall. The son of course, had to either teach himself, learn late in life, or not at all.

You may be surprised to hear that it was not always this way. The two of them used to have a loving relationship. The kind that you would see and couldn't help but smile. Of course, no one ever saw that so no one knows it happened other than the father and son. The second was a nurturing father, and never put the third down for the things he could not control.

He helped him with everything he could, even if it seemed silly. There was a moment when this was happening that the father saw something in his son, a bad something. The father could tell that things were going to go wrong, he didn't know how, but he knew it was horrible. Then the son started to act strange.

But he was such a respectful, young boy. And he was such a kind loving father. What could have made things go so, so wrong? Well to put it simply, stress, anger, a realization, naivety, and a beer bottle.

But that's a story for another day. You should get back to the main story. Go on, the paragraph right below this one. I swear this will come into the open soon, but first other things must be revealed. I'm sorry, but it's not time.

JE's POV:

Me and my friend were in the immunization clinic. Third was shifting and fiddling with his shirt cuffs. He was sitting on the little bed couch thing that all hospitals have and I was in an incredibly uncomfortable chair sitting across from him.

Egypt is having a "friendly talk" with UN. After a few minutes Egypt walks in looking like she just got smacked with logic. UN has a way when it comes to talking to people. Her wings were also hidden. She looks so much smaller now.

Egypt walks over to the shots she had previously prepared. She picks the first one up and flicks it a few times with her finger nail. The longer she does this the more and more fidgety Third gets.

"I'm going to need you to take off your shirt." Egypt says. "Why?" He asks. "I need to put this in your upper arm and you are wearing a long sleeve shirt." She says.

He quickly looks around the room. His anxiety clearly spiked. He kept fiddling with his shirt cuffs until I heard a quiet rip. He stopped and looked down. His shirt cuff ripped.

I could see the gears turning. That means this will either go really good or really bad. He grabs his sleeve. The part covering his upper arm. Then he quickly pulls and it rips.

"Is this ok?" He asked without looking up. "I-I guess. Hold still." Egypt says with confusion. He's always been like this. I've known him almost my whole life and not once have I ever even seen him shirtless. I never asked because I always give him his space.

He starts to tremble. Now to distract him. "Hey, did you know my son works here?" I ask. He looks up at me. "R-really?" he asks. "Uh huh. He's the head of the magic department. You'll probably get to see him today." I say. "I would love to see him. What about your daughter?" he asked.

"She makes potions." I say. "Wow really! I can't believe you got that to stick!" he said. "Oh I can thank you for helping and encouraging me. I probably would have stopped if it weren't for you." I say. "All I did was say 'you got this' and tested them for you." he said with slight confusion.

"You have no idea how much help that was. No one believed in potions anymore, everyone was moving on to mechanics but I wanted to keep the old arts alive and you helped me do just that. Now they are a normal thing you can get. And I can thank my potion partner for that. " I say. He smiles a bit. "Oh look at that! You're done!" I say.

He looks at his shoulder to see a big band aid. "Sometimes I fear the things you know how to do to me." he said. "Oh, you know I only do it to help." I say. "But still." he said standing up. 

___________________________________

some backstory.....what do you think happened? comment it and i will say how close you are. your comments are the best! 

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly