The Accusation of the Ability to Fly

Halfdeadpotato said this song fir well. i think it does too. if it is not too much to ask, please comment a lot. this chapter was a lot of little things i would love to see when and where i did better or worse. its a huge help! thank you! 

_____________________________________

England's POV:

It was nighttime. We have already eaten dinner. Third has been skittish and quiet ever since Britain asked about his back. He went to bed about an hour ago. He was confused as to why we sent him to bed early but didn't argue and left. I have a plan that involves him being relaxed, tired, and half asleep.

"Are you going to tell me anything about what you are planning to do?" my brother asked, clearly curious as normal. He was getting aggravated. "Just be patient. I'll tell you in the morning. Or tonight depending on how this goes. Just wait." I say.

About twenty minutes later my brother and I went upstairs and he got ready for bed. I said goodnight to him and he went to bed. I turn to the end of the hallway. I walk to the door, take a deep breath and open it. Like I predicted, he was awake.

He was sitting on the far corner of the bed. Leaning against the wall completely wrapped up in a blanket. I only saw his head. I make eye contact as I shut and lock the door. The click of the lock makes him give a nervous look.

I give no expression. I keep a blank face as I sit on the far end of the bed. He scoots away slightly. Time to ruin my trust with him.

"You lied." I say. He jumps a little, hugging the blanket tighter. "I'm going to ask a few questions. None of them will be anything along the lines of 'take off your shirt' and you will not lie. Do you understand?" I ask. He nods.

"Does JE know?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "Does your father know?" I ask. He nods. "Have you ever told anyone else?" I ask. No response. "Third." I say in warning. "I have told someone before." He said in a whisper.

"Who?" I ask. No response. "Come on." I said. "They were human." He said. "Can you be more specific?" I ask. "They were an important person." He said. "Still vague." I say. "Human scum of the planet." He explained with slight spite. "Ah, I see." I say in slight understanding.

"How long have you had it?" I ask. "My whole life." He says. "What did your father think of it?" I ask. "He didn't know what to do with it and asked me to ignore it. I didn't listen." He said, stuffing his face further into the blanket.

"Is it common?" I ask, starting to figure out what he was hiding. "Yes and no. It's considered a rarity but a lot of us have it." He said. "It's black, am I correct?" I say finally making proper eye contact with him. "Yes. They're black." He said, he said after some slight hesitation.

"Are they useful?" I ask. "Yes and no. They are a problem as much as they were helpful." He replied. He used 'are' in the first sentence, meaning present tense. And he used 'were' in the second sentence, meaning past tense. Interesting wording.

"Why did you tell your leader?" I ask, referring to one of the previous questions. "I thought it would help me...I don't know...impress him or something? I really don't know what I was thinking." He said looking down again as he pulled the blanket tighter around himself.

I think I know exactly what he's hiding. I have to be careful with how I word this. I need it to be casual so he doesn't think I'm going to hurt him. "So, what type of wings do you have anyways?" I ask with the same casual tone you would hear someone use to talk about the weather.

He jumps and I can see the instantaneous panic that came to his ruby eyes. Like a criminal caught in the act. "Black eagle I would guess. It is your family's bird." I guess. "Maybe. I never thought about it too much." He said in a whisper, shoving his face into the blanket.

He didn't deny it so that's good I guess. I scoot a little closer to him, he should be fine with it. "How come you hide it?" I ask. "If I don't, bad things happen. They always happen." he replied. "Well, we are going to tell the others. We're required to. I'll try to make sure that nothing bad happens but I do need to tell them." I say. He nods slightly.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes and it got uncomfortable. "I think we should get some sleep. Goodnight. I'll see you in the morning." I say standing up. He just nods and avoids eye contact. "Please sleep. You need it." I say as I unlock and open the door. He looked at me with slight confusion. "The bags under your eyes are easy to see thanks to the white circle." I say pointing to my own face. He nods with understanding and I leave the room.

I have noticed how he doesn't sleep. It's easy to tell because he wakes up at five every morning and we send him to bed at nine. At max, he's getting nine hours of sleep which seems like a lot except that he doesn't actually go to sleep until midnight.

How do I know this? A few nights ago he left his messenger bag with his things downstairs. Britain walked into his room to drop it off but instead of him being asleep he was wide awake, at the ungodly time of one in the goddamn morning. According to my brother, it was awkward. He just placed the bag on the ground and left, closing the door slowly and never breaking eye contact. Psychos. Both of them. Neither of them should have been awake at that hour.

Why he stays up so late is a question neither of us want to ask. There are a thousand possibilities and I don't think we want to have the majority of them confirmed. At least Britain has a reason, work. With Third being here Britain has less time to work. I offered to take turns watching him but he insisted that I do my work when I needed to and he can do it when he has time.

This did not go unnoticed by our guest either. After all, Third is a lot of things, but he's not stupid. Red noticed he was more tired than normal and didn't think about it too much. Pink on the other hand connected the dots pretty quickly. He actually apologized for being here and causing disruption in everyone's routines.

Speaking of apologies, this guy gives a lot. And you could say that's to be expected but it's all. The. Time. and the amount he downgrades himself when he apologizes is almost pitiful. I can almost confirm that he insults himself on a daily basis more than I insult anyone on a weekly basis! And that is definitely saying something.

His lowest point was when he accidentally dropped a glass cup. It wasn't anything special, just a cup from a cheap set we bought for guests. He was devastated by it. Neither of us were in the room when it happened but when we got there what we saw was a puddle of water with many shards of glass on the floor and a panicked Third standing behind the mess.

He frantically started to clean the mess and accidentally cut himself multiple times on the glass shards. But that didn't stop him. He just kept saying "I'm so sorry!" in an extremely panicked manner until Britain finally had enough and stopped him. We had to reassure him at least ten times that we weren't going to hurt him for it. He's just a clumsy person, he slips and falls all the time, he's run into walls for Pete's sake!

But he was still couscous and refused to use the glass cups the following day or two.

I got to my room and sat on my bed. This is exhausting. I can't wait for tomorrow. The last day of his stay. He's going on to someone else soon. Hopefully he leaves on a happy note but I can tell that tomorrow will be a stressful one. 

_______________________________________

BUM BUM BUUUUMMMM

talk shit about the English brothers here:

hope you enjoyed! this was fun! I've been waiting to reveal this for so long! Comment as always (if you haven't already that is) and catch you in the next one! 

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly