47

The food disappeared quickly, everyone hungry after another demanding day at school. Eating the last bite of my meal, I pushed my plate toward the centre of the table. Mina took the final sip of our shared drink, slurping loudly as the liquid level lowered to the point where she was only slurping foam. Leaning back in her seat, she let out a long, satisfied sigh of relief.

"That really hit the spot," she giggled cheerily, pushing her own dishes to the centre of the table. Hagakure laughed along with her friend, expressing how much she had enjoyed her meal as well. But I barely heard a word the invisible girl said, focusing on another who was seated next to her. Jirou shifted uncomfortably between Uraraka and Hagakure, being trapped between the two girls. It didn't seem so bad but it was obvious that she wanted to get up.

"Need to use the bathroom?" I asked, hoping that I was helping her out by speaking up. She awkwardly looked around the table before nodding her head. Hagakure directed her attention to the purple-haired girl, petting her on the shoulder.

"Come on Jirou. If you needed to go you could've just told me," she giggled, getting up out of her seat so Jirou could get up. The girl with the earphone-jack quirk stood beside the table, sending me a glance in the corner of her eye. I wasn't sure if she had done this knowingly or not but decided to do what she was wordlessly asking of me.

"Yaoyorozu, do you mind if I get up?" I asked her kindly. Hearing the unusual edition of my voice, she nodded with pink cheeks before she stood from her seat and allowed me to get up. Standing, I slid out of the booth and approached Jirou. Glancing back at the others, I lifted my hand to send a casual peace sign.

"I'm going too," I called out before beginning to walk away with Jirou. As we walked, I could hear giggling from the table, that coming from mainly Ashido and Hagakure.

"Don't have too much fun without us!" Ashido called out from the table. I decided it was best to ignore her comment, not wanting to know what she was thinking. I knew she was hinting at something and Jirou picked up on it too, her face resembling a tomato in colour. She looked so tense walking beside me, it made me worry that she didn't want to have me around but I knew that thought was just me being self-conscious.

"Do you really need the bathroom or do you wanna go somewhere else?" I asked, thinking back to earlier when we all brought up what we wanted to do. I remembered Jirou not saying anything, remaining silent yet showing on her face that she had a place in mind.

Right now she looked embarrassed, probably not wanting the others to know about it. When she heard me ask, she looked surprised that I had read her so easily. But this time she surprised me, her cute laugh filling my ears.

"I can't believe you noticed that," she smiled, keeping her gaze on the ground ahead of her. She lifted one of her fingers to an earphone jack, curling it around her finger like someone with longer hair would do.

"Yeah actually, I do have someplace I want to go to. I was just too embarrassed to admit it," she sighed, a faint smile remaining on her lips. Looking around at all the surrounding shops, I wondered where she would want to go. I didn't know too much about her but was interested in knowing more, enjoying the soft smile on her face as she thought about the things she wanted to do.

We walked through the mall for another minute or so before Jirou pointed out where she wanted to go. My eyes followed where she was pointing, taking in the sight of a music store to our left. The windows were lined with various instruments, Jirou immediately rushing over to have a look. She peered through the glass at the displayed instruments, looking excited now that she was at the place she had been thinking about this entire time.