32

I did my best to pay attention during my morning classes, picking up on things I might not have otherwise. The work's constant use of my brain helped keep my mind off of everything that had happened recently. If I even gave them one second to occupy my mind I knew I wouldn't get those memories out of my head for the rest of the day. I had been doing well this morning and managed to keep distracted, even using those around me to remain in a certain headspace. My classmates spoke to me during periods between classes and I was more than happy to hold conversation with them as a way to keep myself constantly busy.

But there was a point in the day where I had to give it thought, even if that were to only be a second. As I lined up to buy my lunch with the rest of the students from my class, I remembered the fight this morning. Hitoshi and I usually sat together at lunch and it had been that way since I moved into his house. But now that we weren't on good terms, I knew there was no way that would happen.

It was then that someone caught my eye, reminding me of an offer they had once given me. The line passed quickly and I was able to get my lunch, catching up to said person due to their laid-back walking speed.

"Bakugou," I called, catching his attention. He glanced back over his shoulder at me, taking in the full image of me holding my lunch tray with a nervous expression on my face.

"If your offer of having lunch together still stands, would you mind if I sat with you?" I asked, hoping that he would let me. Midoriya had also offered a seat at his table but I knew that if I were to ask him, he would ask for the reason why I wasn't sitting with who I usually sat with. And if not him, I was sure that either Iida or Uraraka would ask instead. But Bakugou wasn't like that at all, he didn't care about stuff like that and I knew for a fact he wouldn't ask. Clicking his tongue, he turned and continued to shuffle forward.

"Whatever, just don't get in my way," he grumbled. I heaved a quiet sigh of relief before moving to walk closer behind him, following him to his table. His slow pace didn't bother me in the slightest and managed to get me to slow my thoughts for a moment.

It was then that I wondered if Bakugou had people to sit with himself, his aggressive personality usually repelling others. It made me think about the others in my class and if any of them had gotten close to the ash-blonde. Giving it some thought there seemed to be a few boys who could tolerate his explosive personality.

Arriving at a table with six seats, I was met with the gazes of three familiar boys. Siting across from each other on the furthest side of the table were Kirishima and Sero, Kaminari sitting next to the boy with the tape quirk. Bakugou walked around to Kirishima's side and sat beside him, leaving two possible options of seats. You could either sit next to Kaminari or take the empty seat next to Bakugou.

"(L/n)-chan! Sit next to me!" Kaminari called, smiling widely in the hopes I would choose the seat next to him. Seeing as he was the only one doing so, I placed my tray down in front of the seat next to him.

But it didn't look like Bakugou liked that.

Standing, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me around the table and in his direction. It was very obvious to everyone at the table what he wanted, he wanted me to sit in the chair next to him. But no one could quite work out his motive whether that be jealousy or straight up hatred towards the Pikachu-looking boy.

"Aw, but I wanted (L/n)-chan to sit next to me," Kaminari whined, shrinking down when Bakugou met his gaze.

"Shut up, dunce," he growled across the table, slouching in his chair once he knew he had won. The table fell silent, having only Kirishima to try and liven the mood up.