31

Togata-senpai matched my pace as we entered the school grounds. Even now, his smile remained and he kept close to me. I would glance at him every so often and catch his eye, receiving another one of his smiles. It got quite embarrassing and I hate to admit that it made me blush, but it did. I wasn't sure if he noticed this at all, him not being as observant as I had imagined him to be.

We continued up the path towards the school building, something catching my eye in the distance. Sitting on one of the many seat in front of the school was someone I didn't wish to encounter.

Hitoshi raised his head at the sound of footsteps, his dark purple eyes beginning to follow my every move. Togata noticed the boy who had caught my attention and gave me a small nudge. Lifting my head in his direction, he sent me a closed eyed smile.

"Let's split up here, get to class safely," he said, beginning to walk away. I was shocked that he would spend so long watching over me in the morning and not even walk me to class. That's how I had imagined it on the train and while walking the remainder of the way to school. He watched over me the entire journey and remained very close, I assumed he would stay by my side until I reached the 'safety' of my class room or maybe even my desk if he was being picky.

As he walked away, he looked back at me and sent a wave to accompany his permanent happy smile. I returned the gesture, lifting my hand and waving back lazily before walking after him. We were going to the same building since we were both in the heroics course, this leaving me confused. But with another glance at the boy who waited out front of the school, I immediately saw what was going on.

Togata must've assumed that I was friends with him and left so that I would get to see him. But right now, it was the complete opposite. I didn't want to see him at all, Hitoshi had done nothing to me directly but after the hatred his mother had displayed towards me, I wasn't sure whether or not I could trust him. It was painful to think about, especially since I had considered him to be my best friend before this point in time.

And now I would have no escape, I would have to face him. I knew for a fact that as soon as I was close enough, Hitoshi would try to talk to me. Despite the amount of emotion he showed on his face, he radiated an aura of determination that left me desperately wanting to get away. I didn't want the confrontation from him but I didn't have the choice.

As soon as I was close enough to the entrance of the school building, he began approaching me. I tried to hurry past him but there was no getting away. He was quick to catch my arm and pull me away from the front of the school and around the side where no one else was. I wanted to activate my quirk to protect myself but against him... I couldn't.

Even if I saw him as my enemy, there is no way I could harm him.

He pulled me even further around the school, stopping in an area darkened by the shadow of the building. As he pulled me there, I tried to pull away many times but he seemed determined to have me alone and his grip remained tight. Now here I was, trapped between the person I didn't want to see and the school building.

"What happened last night?" he asked, his tone firm. I turned my face away, refusing to look at him.

"You should know better than anyone what happened," I spat, unleashing the hidden anger I hadn't even realized was there. All I had experienced in terms of emotions from what had happened was sadness and loneliness. But now I was angry, how dare he pretend like nothing happened. Hitoshi's eyes remained on me, watching my every move carefully.

"I'm telling you the truth, (Y/n). I don't know what happened last night, only that my mother said hurtful things about you." He opened his mouth to continue but halted at the sight of me glaring at him. I was enraged, as anyone would be when confronted by someone they knew had fabricated an entire relationship with.