28

Whilst I waited to be picked up, I found a lone bench and sat there. Earlier I hadn't noticed how cold it was because of the two encounters I'd had, those conversations being able to make mr forget something as insignificant as being cold.

Pulling my knees to my chest, I wrapped my arms around them to try and stay as warm as I could. It didn't help much at all but it allowed me relax, the side of face resting on the tops of my knees. I didn't compare to how warm Dabi was when he held me. Now that I properly thought about that encounter, I could feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. But he kind and held me gently, despite the two of us being strangers.

Thinking about the scarred male was confusing because of how strange Our meeting was. And even though I found it very embarrassing, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with him. We could relate, and even though we barely knew each other, we opened up about things that were supposed to be kept quiet. It kind of reminded me of how Hitoshi and myself became close. When I first arrived at his house, he didn't seem to like me at all. He was cold and distant, not wanting anything to do with me.

Back then I had really bad nightmares about things I don't remember to this day. I just remember how much I feared them, usually waking up crying and shaking. I knew that even when I cried while I slept, I was quiet about it, unconsciously staying quiet because of some unknown fear.

It was my fifth night there that I was woken up by Hitoshi, him looking down at me with indigo eyes filled with concern. I remember him asking if I was alright over and over again, not getting an answer out of me. I guessed I was too shaken up to say anything, but then he did something that I hadn't expected. He pulled me to his chest, hugging me close. I remember feeling his warmth and relaxing, feeling safe and having my shaking stop almost immediately. He pulled me even closer and ran his fingers through my hair. I don't remember how long we stayed like that but I remember him staying there until I fell asleep, waking up the next morning to see him still there. He sat on the floor with his head resting on the bed, one of his large hands wrapped around my own.

I couldn't help but smile gently at the memory, that being short lived as my head started to throb. It was so sudden and painful, I didn't understand why it was happening. The memory of being held... My mind searched for another memory similar to it but was drawing blanks. It felt like there was supposed to be a memory there but it was gone, my brain straining itself as it tried to find it.

The appearance of a car came to view on the empty street, it's headlights almost blinding me with how bright they were compared to the darkness I was previously sitting in. The car came closer, slowing down once it reached where I sat. It came to a halt, the sound of its breaks being loud due to the quiet of the night.

The window closest to me slowly lowered, the car's inside light being turned on so I could see the driver. His yellow eyes watched me from behind his glasses, his hand lifting, finger pushing them back up to a more comfortable position on the bridge of his nose.

I was hesitant to approach the car but did so anyway. He had come all this way to get me even though he owed me nothing. We weren't even supposed to be in contact, but he always broke that rule despite how he could lose his job over it. He would send me texts making sure that I was eating and sleeping enough, making sure my grades were good at school and just general motivation.

Despite how strict Sir was, he was always so caring towards me. I wouldn't tell him this because of how much it would embarrass me, but I always wished that he my father. He cared for me a lot more than my biological father, and he was a much better person than he was too.

I opened the car door, getting into the passenger seat. Neither of us said a word, the car beginning to move again once I had slammed the door closed. Clicking in my seat belt, I lent back in my seat, enjoying the warmth of the car. It was a lot better than the cold outside, allowing me to fully relax even though there was such a tense atmosphere in the car.