14

Disclaimer: These next parts are going to contain characters which have appeared in the manga but will be in the fourth season of the anime. These people include Overhaul, Sir Nighteye, Hawks, Eri eventually, Fatgum... and maybe some others, I'm not sure yet. Continue at your own risk, unless you've read the manga or are in the future where season 4 is already out.

--------------------------------------------

"Thanks for today!" Ojiro called as he rushed towards the car which had come to pick him up. I sent him a wave as it drove away. When it had turned the corner and disappeared from view, I started walking towards the train station. Checking my phone, I saw that there was no reply from Hitoshi so I wondered if he had seen my message at all. I just hoped that it wasn't the case and he had just ignored me, that way I wouldn't have to deal with those bastards from the hero association any time soon.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I stepped onto the platform, there not being much time left before the next train would arrive. I watched as it pulled up a few seconds later, a hoard of people coming off. Slipping through the train doors, I found myself in a carriage which was quite full despite the amount of people that had just left it. This meant that there would definitely be no seats left.

I remember in times like these, Hitoshi would usually stand and hold onto the railing above since he was so tall. Then he'd let me hold onto him, ensuring that I stayed close for the entirety of the trip. I never really worried about perverts since I could just use my quirk and even though Hitoshi's quirk couldn't save me, I felt safe in his presence.

There was no logical reason why I should feel that way, but I just do. If something were to happen, I'd be a lot more capable but I still seemed to rely on him. It made me wonder about why he had been avoiding me today. Was it because I was still relying on him even though I didn't need to anymore? Now that I had made friends of my own I could just sit with them, talk with them, spend all my time with them. Hitoshi was there because I had no one and now that I have people, does he think that he's not needed anymore?

I felt an emotional urge in that moment, a pang to the chest which filled me with dread and uncertainty. My lips curved downward into a frown, the air, despite the amount of people around me, feeling cold.

I felt... sad.

I may not need Hitoshi anymore, but that doesn't mean that I don't want him. I want him to be near me, I always have and that will never change. Where were all these new 'friends' when I was being pushed around during middle school? No there, Hitoshi was the only one who came to my aid. He knew that there were bad things in my past but he never questioned them, he just told me to shut up and gave me a hug. It was simple but effective, helping fill the voids created every time I was cut off from another hero who I grew to love like an older brother or sister, or maybe even as parents.

Where were they?

But how can I blame them? I can't. They didn't even know I existed then and some of these kids, we aren't even really friends yet. Midoriya, sure he said we were friends but does he mean it? He already has Uraraka and Iida, does he really need me as well?

I couldn't help but ask myself all of these questions, making me really confused and generally disorientated. Holding onto the bar above as best as I could, I did my best not to bump into anyone. We stopped at another station, this one meant that the next stop would be mine to get off and go home. Well, back to the Shinso's anyway.

In an attempt to distract myself from the annoying thoughts which continued to plague my mind, I began looking around the carriage in hopes of finding a distraction. Maybe I would see someone picking their nose and feel a little amusement in catching them or see someone looking at something NSFW on their phone, I'm sure people do that on the train.