5

1st person POV

Feeling something flick my ear, I turned my head and noticed Hitoshi sending me a playful glare.

"How long are you gonna zone out for, huh?" he asked, sliding his hand back into his pocket. Today was my second day at U.A and I was not really looking forward to it. When looking at my timetable this morning, I realized that I would have my first foundational hero studies class. The teacher was All might and that made me cheer up a little, he was a very kind man and had done many things for me while I was without a home.

Returning to reality, I shrugged my shoulders in response to Hitoshi's question. Last night he had been in an odd mood, choosing not to sit next to me at dinner and taking a lone arm chair rather than sitting beside me on the couch as we watched a movie. But today he returned to his usual self, teasing me whenever he got the chance and looking generally bored with anything anyone said. Hitoshi stopped, bidding me goodbye before he turned towards the general studies building.

I waved back at him, watching as he disappeared before turning myself. Walking up to the hero course building, a blonde boy I hadn't seen before approached the door at the same time I did. He looked back at me with sky blue irises, pulling the door back and gesturing me to go in first. I did so, muttering a quiet 'thank you' as I walked along the corridor. Once I was inside, he followed, jogging to my side and sending a small, friendly smile.

"You must be in the other hero class, right?" he assumed. I nodded in response, turning my head to meet his gaze. He sent another smile, this one looking more nervous as a light blush dusted his cheeks.

"Well, I'm in class 1-B so I'm guessing you're in 1-A." I hummed, not really interested in talking with him, I could tell he noticed my disinterest in the conversation but he continued to speak anyway.

"I'm Monoma Neito by the way," he introduced, offering his hand as Iida had done the previous day. I ignored his hand, sighing as I gave in to his demand for my attention.

"The name's (Y/n) (L/n)," I replied blandly. He seemed pleased I was paying him more attention and began talking about himself. Apparently he really liked french food and Franco-Belgian comics. Being from Japan, I had no clue what they were but after showing my lack of knowledge, Monoma happily filled me in.

Unfortunately for him, while  walking and acting all knowledgeable, he ended up tripping over his own feet. He fell flat on his face, cheeks radiating heat as he lay there, embarrassed. I unintentionally giggled as I knelt down, helping up without the fear of him touching me. The aura stayed away, our hands locking as I pulled him back to his feet.

"Man, your head was so far up your own ass you ended up tripping," I snickered, making the poor boy blush harder. To somewhat cheer him up, I placed a hand on his shoulder and sent him a comforting smile, the same one I had sent to Midoriya yesterday.

"Don't worry, I was just kidding." He let out an awkward chuckle before changing the subject, resuming the conversation.

"So do you read anything like that?" he asked, referring back to when he was talking about Franco-Belgian comics.  I nodded, looking up ahead and noticing the sign which hung about my classroom door.

"Uh yeah, I've started reading a lot of manga over the last few years. I never really had any time for hobbies before that, but reading is calming and the characters and plots were generally well thought out." Monoma listened to every word, his face harboring a constant smile. When I reached my classroom door, I turned to Monoma and sent him a nod.

"Thanks for chat, see you later." He waved as I opened my classroom door and stepped inside, the eyes of the students inside immediately moving to me. I didn't initiate any conversations, instead, I headed straight to my desk and sat down. Wanting to enjoy my last few minutes before class, I pulled a manga from my bag and began reading through it.