1

I woke up feeling like shit. This was my own fault for staying up reading again, I didn't regret it though. Yawning, I rolled over and pulled the blankets up higher so I could go back sleep. It was only a matter of time before he would come in and force me out of bed. He did it everyday during middle school and I'm sure the same goes for now, today is our first day at high school.

I was correct in assuming this since barely a minute passed before the constantly tired-looking boy stumbled into my room.

"Oi, (Y/n)," he grumbled, approaching my bed. I didn't answer, if I did he'd just catch me in his quirk and force me up like he used to. I had learned my lesson and kept my mouth shut. He sighed and stood behind my blanket clad figure, lifting his foot to give me kick. I rolled over and glared at him, shoving off my blankets.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up." He watches as I stand and rub my bare arms, missing the warmth of my bed.

"If you're cold, put some more clothes on. Mom made breakfast, it's down stairs if you're hungry," he muttered, obviously still tired. Even though he got much more sleep than me, he looked like didn't sleep a wink. I always worried for him, he always looked so exhausted.

Once he began walking towards the door, I stopped him, holding onto the sleeve of his shirt. He turned and looked down at me, he was noticeably taller.

"Something you need, glowstone?" he asks, using a nickname he came up when he first discovered my quirk. I was a little unsure about asking since he was closest person to me and the only one I was scared to embarrass myself in front of.

"Hitoshi, did you sleep alright? You look awfully tired," I worried, not noticing the blush that dusted his cheeks. Turning his head to the side, he pulled my hand from his sleeve and rested it on the back of his neck.

"Just fine, you know I always look like this and I sleep well. We used to share a room, do you want me to move back in?" he teases. I shrug my shoulders, looking up at him with a blank stare.

"Sorry, let's just have breakfast."

----------------------------------------------

I looked around at the bustling city as we got on the train, crowds of others doing the same to get to work and school. Sticking close to Hitoshi, I held onto the front of his blazer. He didn't seem to care but was cautious. Occasionally, he would look around to make sure no perverts were eyeing me. He was was rarely protective but when he was, he was quite menacing. I had experience it once before on the train when someone tried to snap a picture under my skirt.

The train came to a halt at our stop, the two of us getting off with a crowd of adults and students. Some wore the U.A uniform, the same as us, it made me wonder which courses they would be in. I turned to Hitoshi as he walked by my side, his long legs taking short steps to match my slower speed.

"Do you think you'll be okay in general studies?" I asked him bluntly. He gazed at me in the corner of his eye, one of his eyebrows cocking upward.

"I'll be fine, Glowstone. What about you? You'll be alone in the hero course, do you think you'll be able to make friends?" he questions. I had been thinking about this since I had been accepted into the well-known hero academy. I wasn't very good with making friends, never had been. The only reason Hitoshi and I had grown close was because I was taken in by his family. Naturally, spending so much time with his family made us close. I would consider him my best friend, kind of like a brother. He stood up for me during middle school when other kids tried to pick on me. I didn't need him to but that didn't stop him, it seemed like they didn't like him anyway.

The two of us continued walking, stopping when we stood in front of the large gate. The four connected buildings behind it were amazing, it made our old middle school look like an ant hill.