48

Spotting the book store up ahead, I noticed how Yaoyorozu's face lit up. She looked excited as we approached it, her eyes already beginning to scan the books on display. Entering through the open front doors, she was quick to hurry over to the section she was most interested in. Not knowing what else to do, I decided to kill some time by looking at some manga.

My eyes scanned the shelves, eventually landing on a specific manga series. It was the one I'd been lending to Monoma, reminding me of the way he had changed as of recently. He had always been a bit odd but now he was acting really rude, especially when he was talking about my class. I really didn't like hearing that since I actually liked my class a lot. I had developed relationships with a lot of my classmates, I now considered many of them to be my friends.

That thought reminded me of something that had been mentioned many times since the start of school, that being the UA sports festival. I had learnt about it before attending the school, being informed by the Hero Association that this was something I would have to be wary of. Even though everyone else would see this as a great opportunity, I was told that this could be dangerous for me. Being broadcast all over the world, everyone would be able to see me. They didn't say how they would protect me during the festival but I had an inkling that they would definitely do something. Tomorrow morning I would have to take part in it and hadn't heard anything from them, making me assume they'd get in contact with me tomorrow at some point.

I tried to push those thoughts away, not really liking to think about the Hero Association. Just thinking about them reminded me not only of the Heroes I had lived with in the past but also my real family. My mum, dad and little sister. The past wasn't something I liked to dwell on, especially since there was nothing I could change about it. It also reminded me of the things I had forgotten, all of the blank spots in my memory. I knew that there were things about myself and my past that were being kept from me, things that I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

"(L/n)!" Yaoyorozu called out. Snapping out of my thoughts, I turned to face the girl who stood at the end of the manga aisle. Spotting me, she smiled widely before approaching. In her hand was a bag containing everything she had bought in the store, by the size I assumed that she had bought a few books. As soon as she stood before me, she looked down at the bag and reached in to grab something. Her hand came out of the bag a moment later with a pen inher  hand. It was light green in colour with a cute alien on top of it. I was surprised to see her hold it out to me, reluctantly reaching out to accept it.

"I saw it and it made me think of your quirk," she smiled, reaching her hand in to pull out another identical green pen.

"I got it to thank you, now we have matching pens." I watched as she waited for me to respond, looking nervous that I would reject her gift. Looking down at the pen in my hand, I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks, Yaoyorozu. It's cute," I told her, watching as she looked panicked for a moment. She opened her mouth to speak before stopping herself, looking at me with a nervous glance. Seeing that I was looking at her, she spoke up.

"It's fine if you call me Momo," she said, her cheeks tinting pink. I was surprised by her words, not expecting her to say that.

"Right, Momo. I guess I could say the same, just call me (Y/n)," I told her, watching as she stared at me in shock. She was quick to snap out of it, nodding quickly before directing her gaze to the front door of the shop.

"We should probably go meet with the others, we don't wanna keep them waiting," she changed the subject, beginning to walk towards the door. I nodded in agreement and hurried after her, wondering why her mood had suddenly changed. She seemed really nervous, I wasn't really sure why.