25

When I arrived at my classroom, I realized that I still wore Snipe's cape. I was quick to remove and fold it, putting it away into my bag. Once I was ready, I entered the classroom, a majority of my classmates already in there. Approaching my desk, I had Mina and Hagakure come over and talk to me. It was a quick conversation which took place while we waited for Shota to arrive. He took a little longer than usual, being just over 5 minutes late to class. But we cut him some slack, he was badly injured.

----------------------------------------

The day went quickly and when it was over, I pulled out my phone to send Hitoshi a message. I wanted to ask him where he wanted to meet so we could walk home together. I sent the message and waited for over 5 minutes, feeling surprised that he hadn't replied within that space of time. He was usually so quick to respond to texts, hating when others were slow at replying.

Right now it was the end of the day, most of my classmates sitting around the classroom talking to each other. I remained in my desk, occasionally looking up at those who walked by. But I had noticed that there was a lot of noise coming from the classroom's door. It was open and blocked by a crowd of students who I didn't recognize, I guessed they were from other classes.

The thing which gathered the rest of the class' attention was Bakugou getting pissed at the students in the way, calling them extras. Iida was quick to scold the ash blonde, everyone watching the scene unfold. But there was something which drew your full attention, a purple head of hair appearing in the door way. Hitoshi stood tall among the shorter students, standing out. I watched from a distance and I could tell that his words were insulting due to Bakugou's reactions to them. Not wanting either of them to use their quirks on each other, I decided it would be the best if I were to interfere. Picking up my bag, I hurried to the door, my footsteps capturing everyone's attention.

My eyes moved from Bakugou to Hitoshi, the ash blonde and purple-haired boys looking back at me. I gave Bakugou a knowing look which seemed to get him to back down and close his mouth. From there, I walked up to Hitoshi.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked him, everyone both inside and outside of the classroom staring at us. Hitoshi immediately backed down from his conversation with Bakugou, his gaze shifting from the explosive boy and to me.

"Hmm yeah, let's go," he answered in a dull tone. He turned and started walking away, the students in the crowd moving aside for us to leave. The purple-haired boy was walking a lot faster than me, making me pick up my pace just to walk beside him. It was silent at first, this continuing until we reached the gate.

"Don't get into any fights," I told him. He shrugged his shoulders, sending me a sideways glance.

"It's hard not to when I meet pricks like him," he answered. I sighed, giving the taller boy a playful nudge.

"Bakugou's a hot head and he wants to fight anyone that gets in his way, it's nothing personal so just try not to fight him." Hitoshi remained silent but I knew that he would listen to me, not really having a reason at all for getting into a fight.

"Besides, if you got expelled your mother would be pissed." Hitoshi heaved a sigh and returned my nudge, nearly knocking me over with the amount of strength he put into it. After that I couldn't help but laugh, noticing that he was smiling himself in the corner of my eye. It made me happy seeing him in a good mood.

"Did you see my text at lunch?" I asked, feeling more comfortable since the awkward atmosphere was gone. He nodded.

"Yeah, I sat with some of my classmates instead." I was grateful that he had made friends of his own in his class, but that wasn't the part I was referring to. I opened my mouth to ask him what he wanted me to do to make it up to him, but he bet me to it.