16

The next morning I woke up to warmth. Opening my eyes and noticing Hitoshi sleeping beside me, reminded me of everything that had happened last night. Images of the dream flashed in my head, not going away. Hitoshi and I were already as close as we could've been but somehow, I moved closer to him. His arms were wrapped around me, mine around him with my forehead pressed to his chest. Turning my head, I pressed my ear up against it so I could hear the gentle thumping which was his heart beat. It relaxed me even more, making me close my eyes so that I would fall back asleep.

----------------------

3rd person pov
Hitoshi woke up, immediately noticing the abnormal warmth that was in his bed. He was so used to waking up to the cold, his blanket having fallen to the ground. That was usually what got him up in the morning, his bed became freezing so he'd get up and get ready for school and not make a fuss like (Y/n) would. Thinking about the girl made a gentle smile tug at the corners of his lips, his head tilting downward to look at her. She looked so peaceful, her breathing soft and silent, hair falling in her face. Pushing it back, he eyed her lips, hating how kissable they were.

Last night he had heard a lot of what happened during her dream. Originally, he had gotten up to get himself a glass of water. He went downstairs to the kitchen to get it but when he came back up, he heard noises in (Y/n)'s room. Concerned, he entered to find her moving around a lot, tossing and turning.

At first he thought it was funny, her face was scrunched up like she had eaten a lemon. But then she stopped, Hitoshi's face growing red as her lips curved upward gently. Her genuine smile was very rare, if she ever did show some kind of positive expression it would usually be her laughing or smirking. Seeing it was seemed to make him like her even more, it made his heart beat loudly in his chest to the point where he thought it would burst through his rib cage. He remembered how her smile disappeared, her cheeks heating up. She then puckered up her lips a little, as if she was expecting a kiss.

Hitoshi's entire face turned red as he thought about what he had done. In the moment he couldn't help himself, after all of those times he had held himself back over the last two years. He lent down with the intention of kissing her, if she was asleep then she surely wouldn't wake up. But before he could make contact, she started to panic and call out someone else's name.

Kai.

He had heard it so many times and it hurt. Why would he be happy to hear the name of the guy his crush loved from her mouth as she slept? Taking a deep breath, he held (Y/n) closer to his chest, pressing a kiss to her forehead. It wasn't much but it was enough for him.

After the whole kiss thing last night, he shook the girl awake and was there for her. That's all he needed to do right now, to show her that he was there and that he always would be. But he didn't expect her to want this, he didn't know that being there for her would result in something so intimate.

Wanting to know the time, he reached for his phone and sighed when he saw that they would need to get up soon. Looking down at the girl in his arms, he heaved a deep sigh and held her even closer. Five more minutes wouldn't be enough but it would have to be if they wanted to get to school on time.

------------------------------
1st person pov

Feeling something shaking me, I woke up. Hitoshi sat on the side of his bed, dressed in his uniform.

"Come on, it's time to get up," he grumbled. Not having the energy to argue, I did as he asked, turning and placing my feet on the floor. With my back to the purple haired boy I decided to thank him for last night.

"Thank you, Hitoshi. I really needed that." The two of us sat in silence, that is, until he spoke.

"It's fine, you know I'm always there for you," he admitted, his hand making its way to the back of his neck. Turning around, I hugged him from behind, Hitoshi still sitting on the bed. Resting my head on his shoulder, I hugged him even tighter.