34

There was never a dull moment with Kaminari, he did his best to fill the silence and found no difficulty in pulling out my smile and laugh. The two of us didn't know each other all that well right now but he did his best to ask questions about me, whilst making sure not to be too intrusive with what he asked or self-centred with the things he said about himself. And despite me knowing him to be a bit daft, he was really good at keeping a good atmosphere when we spoke. I found it quite admirable, Kaminari's words and actions making him easily likeable.

We finished our food, Kaminari even sharing some of the fries that came with his burger with me. I happily took some of them, noticing how the smallest of things made him happy. Even though he had a constant smile, I could tell just by how much it increased, even if the change in his expression was minuscule.

Standing from his chair, he brushed off some crumbs and salt crystals that had fallen onto his lap before turning his attention to me. Seeing that he stood, I did the same, picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

"What would you like to do now?" he asked, "I don't have any more money to spend but we can still hang out if you'd like." I noticed how he seemed to shy away a little, his confidence still remaining yet his lack of eye contact showing a side of him that was a lot timider. Not sure what to do, I let my eyes scan everything that surrounded us. We were currently in the food court so a majority of what I could see was fast food stores and small restaurants. Other than that I could see a few clothing stores but had no real interest in visiting them, I had enough clothing and had no real need for anything else.

Finally, my eye landed on something which resided around a corner, a bunch of flashing lights catching my eye. Unconsciously, I walked forward and towards them, having Kaminari watch me with interest.

"Are you interested in something around there?" the blonde asked, following me as I walked towards the flashing lights. As I rounded the corner, I realised what it was. It was an arcade. Kaminari was quick to notice it too, his face lighting up at the sight.

"Hey, I forgot that they had an arcade in here. I haven't been there since my first year of middle school," he reminisced, smiling fondly at the scene before him. I did the same, remembering visiting this same place once before with one of the heroes.

It was my stay with Present Mic, I remembered recovering from a cold the day before and the him and Shota argued whether not I should keep resting or not. Present Mic, or Hizashi, was keen on letting me have some fun and snuck me out when Shota was asleep. I remembered the two of us tiptoeing past the couch in Hizashi's apartment, trying our best to stay quiet, not wanting to wake the sleeping hero.

We successfully got out without Shota realising and then Hizashi drove us here, to this very mall and arcade. I remembered playing him on many of the game machines I could see, kicking his ass on the fighting ones. But he seemed to have a talent for the claw machines and he won me a yellow teddy bear which wore orange sunglasses, it looked like him, that's my guess as to why he tried to win it. I was so happy receiving such a gift, I slept with it every night I stayed with them. Unfortunately, the Hero Association confiscated it from me when I moved on to the next hero family.

"Are you alright?" Kaminari asked, snapping me from my trip down memory lane. I was quick to nod, not wanting him to worry.

"Yeah, it's just been a while since I've come here," I told him, the blonde smiling at me before turning his attention towards the arcade. My gaze shifted to him as he gazed longingly at the arcade, his lips forming a line which I assumed represented his frustration. He spent a while staring off into the lively room before turning to me with a saddened smile.