17

The bus pulled up to what was described to me as a rescue training center. I guessed there would be different areas where heroes would potentially find themselves after a disaster or villain attack. But something felt off, I wasn't sure why I felt a shiver down my spine but I  kept my guard up anyway.

Everyone got off the bus, Shota leading us all into the building where we were met by a hero I hadn't seen for years. Thirteen greeted everyone, the smile evident in their voice. I couldn't tell if they noticed me or not due to the fact that their costume hid their face. Combined with the fact that mine did as well, they definitely wouldn't be able to tell who I was unless I told them. In this costume, I looked like a ninja more than a hero and I was covered very nearly everywhere.

I stood beside Sato as Thirteen began explaining everything that was going to happen. This place was the USJ and even though I couldn't be bothered listening, I thought it would be important to do so since we were in a new place which I knew nothing about.

As I listened to their rant about how dangerous quirks are, I let my eyes scan my surroundings. I could see many different zones, one with a lot of water in the back, another with smoke coming off it. There was a variety of different areas, each one representing a different scenario. My quirk didn't suit anything specifically, it could really do anything so I didn't mind where I was placed. This may have been training for the others in my class but for me, this was just going to be a bit of fun. Some exercise and practice with using my quirk on my surroundings rather than other people. The heroes I've met found it strange but I've felt like this for a long time.

I refuse to use my quirk on other people.

I don't want to use my quirk to hurt them, whether they're good or evil, it doesn't matter.

Thirteen continued speaking, everyone pausing when the lights of the large indoor arena started turning off. It was a domino effect, the lights closest to everyone turning off last, the first ones to go off on the other side of the USJ. I heard someone yell but I couldn't decider what they had said, instead, I did as the rest of my classmates did and stuck close to them.

My eyes drifted down to the center of the arena where a black and purple portal swirled, hundreds of what looked to be villains coming out. I eyed them carefully as I moved backwards with the rest of my class, trying to see if there was anyone I could recognize. I knew that they wouldn't know it was me but I needed to see, maybe if I saw someone from my past for real it would fix my memory. That was my mind set but it wasn't a smart one. As soon as a tall muscular man with boar like features exited the portal, I immediately recognized him. As with many others, there were too many, not only villains but possibilities of being exposed for what I truly am.

And that sure as hell wasn't a hero.

I was so distracted by the army of villains that I didn't notice that the mist-like being that created a portal which circled me and the rest of the students. I still couldn't focus on any words that were being said, my mind was going a mile a minute. But there were two word that brought me back to reality.

"All Might."

I immediately snapped out of my daze and brought myself back the present just as Bakugou and Kirishima charged at the portal creator. Not knowing what else to do, I reached out and found myself within the darkness of the portal, the quirk user trying to split us all up. It was a smart tactic, one which I assumed would be used to keep us out of the way for their plan which you guessed had something to do with All might. The shadow portal man had said his name and something about killing and now that you thought about it, you knew what they wanted.