11

As I rounded the corner, approaching U.A, I did my best to brush the dirt off my uniform. My skirt was clean but my white school shirt had a wet patch on my stomach from where I had held the rabbit. There was also a bit of mud on the inside of my school jacket but not enough to be noticed, the most noticeable mess was the patch of darker material on the back which was damp from when I dried the rabbit off. I knew that I would be scolded for showing up to school like this but it didn't bother me in the slightest, I was a lot more focused on the crowd of reporters and camera people standing in front of the gate.

I glance to Koda to see his reaction and he looked exactly how I felt, nervous as fucking hell. He was almost shaking, his hands gripping tightly at the material of his uniform pants. To give him a little reassurance, I nudged his shoulder and grabbed his attention. Turning forward, I forced a small smile.

"Calm down, we'll get though this easy," I assured him. It didn't seem to do anything so I did the first thing that came to mind. As we approached the group and started to become noticed, I reached to my side and grabbed a hold of Koda's hand. He stiffened at the sudden contact but didn't resist, this situation frightened him and you holding his hand actually made him feel better.

"What's it like having All might as a teacher?" a reporter asked, shoving a microphone in my face. I stared back at her with blank eyes, not wanting to get involved with any of this.

"Do you mind moving so that we can get into school?"I asked, hoping that she'd give in, as would the others. But it didn't work, determination glinting in her eyes as she repeated the question. This time I ignored her, pulling the cowering Koda behind me in an attempt to get past the gate. I knew that once I got there we would be safe, no one without an I.D or special permit can enter through the gate.

"Oi!" One of the reporters went to catch my wrist but were met with the sight of a glowing green aura. Rather than just covering my wrist or entire body, it spread from me and over Koda as well. His body was also covered by the same glowing green aura, protecting the two of us. When this happened, it seemed to startle the media, making them all take a step away from us. From there I pulled at Koda's wrist and ran past the reporters and cameras, onto the school grounds.

Once we were past the gate and little way along the path up to the four connected buildings, I let go and rested my hands on my knees as I quietly laughed.

"Didn't expect that to happen, huh?" Turning to look at Koda, I was met with the sight of him with his hands covering his face in embarrassment. I guessed that the cause of it was me holding his hand but I didn't think it was that much of a deal. It was probably because he was shy and here I was, some random girl in his class, using my quirk on him and holding his hand. I eyed him as he peeked through the gaps in his fingers down at me, even though he acted like a frightened mouse, he was significantly bigger than me.

Wanting him to stop his hiding, I approached him slowly and placed a hand his shoulder. Petting it gently until he pulled his hands away from his face to look at me without the protection of his hands.

"I'm sorry for holding your hand and using my quirk on you without asking, are you okay?" I asked, unable to hold back my urge to worry for the rock-looking boy. Koda averted his gaze as he nodded, threading his fingers together out of nervousness. Not waiting another second, I turned and began walking towards the heroics building, resting my hands on the back of my neck. Koda noticed me walking and quickly rushed to catch up, occupying the space beside me.

"What do you think we're gonna do today, Koda?" I asked, not necessarily interested in small talk but wanting to talk to the boy even if he didn't respond vocally. He tapped his chin before making a gesture which was a curve from the back of his head and upward. I immediately knew that he was trying to say, English, trying to recreate Present mic's cockatoo hair-style with his hands. I couldn't help but snicker.