38

The weekend passed slowly with the exception of Saturday. Even though the day was already long over, my mind would always wander back to the time I spent with Iida. He was someone I hadn't expected to get close to, he just seemed too authoritative. But after getting to talk with him, I learnt that he was really sweet and caring, comforting me in a moment when I felt so low. I was surprised that I had told him some of the things I did, but after remembering that I no longer had Hitoshi to talk to, it made sense.

I was just feeling lonely, I wanted someone to pay attention to me, to talk to me or even sit beside me. It didn't bother me what they did, I just wanted someone to be there.

On the upside, my Sunday evening hadn't been all that bad. Hajime bought me a piece of my favourite and let me eat it in my room. As well as that, I managed to stay out of Hitoshi and Mihoko's way, not crossing paths with them once.

The sight of the school up ahead caught my attention, reminding myself that I was currently walking to school. Looking around, I noticed someone walking on the opposite side of the road as me who I found familiar. I couldn't see his face but by his neat blonde hair, I knew exactly who it was.

Focussing my eyes ahead, I could tell that he had looked back and seen me, scanning me quickly before slowing his pace. I managed to get ahead of him, listening as his quickened footsteps came into earshot.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the mystery of class 1-A," Monoma called from behind me. I glanced back at him over my shoulder, sending him an acknowledging nod before continuing walk as if he wasn't there. I knew this annoyed him.

"Hey," he let out, quickening his pace so he walked next to me. Turning to look at him, I gave another nod.

"Good morning, Monoma," I greeted.

"Uh, good morning. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my class is way better than yours," he bragged, a smug look on his face. I was confused as to why he was saying it but didn't really care. I didn't even know anyone in his class besides him, neither did I think one class was better than the other for some reason. Shrugging my shoulders, I increased my walk speed, managing to make a small distance between us before he noticed.

"Hey, wait up," he called, rushing to catch up with me. Reclaiming the spot next to me again, he watched my face, noticing how I showed no outward emotion at the moment. My eyes focused on what was ahead of me, paying no attention to the unsettled blonde who accompanied me.

"Oi," he grumbled, tapping my shoulder lightly with something. Turning to see what he was holding, my eyes locked onto the manga I had lent him last week, the blonde handing it back to me.

"I finished it."

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked, sounding hopeful. I watched as Monoma's cheeks tinted pink, his face turning away so I could no longer see it.

"It was alright, I've read better," he answered in a quiet voice. I couldn't help but smile gently, feeling happy that I had given him something that he liked. He was playing it off as if he wasn't bothered but I could tell that he liked it.

"I have the next few volumes at home, do you want to borrow the next one?" I offered, glancing up at the large U.A gate at the entrance of the school as we entered. Monoma gave it a second before he answered.

"Yeah, I guess so. I've been training a lot for the upcoming sports festival so I could use a break," he answered, his nose raised. I hummed in response, the comic he had lent me coming to mind.

"Oh and I'll bring your comic back tomorrow," I told him. He nodded, sending a wave as we split up, heading to our own classes.

Entering my classroom, I made it to my desk without any problems. I sat quietly, enjoying the sound of my classmates chatting to each other. But my solitude was disrupted by someone I hadn't expected to approach me so suddenly. Iida stood before my desk, a light blush dusting his cheeks.