49

The next day couldn't come soon enough. I'd spent the rest of the night in my room, doing whatever I could to take my mind off what had happened at dinner. Why did All Might even bother calling at all? It was obvious it would just make things worse, what would Hajime and Mihoko think of me now? They already knew that there was a chance I would become a villain, just solidify that in their minds some more why don't ya.

Things were made worse by Hajime not giving up, coming up to my room and continuing to pester me with questions about why I couldn't see Sir. I knew he'd brought Nighteye up because he didn't know how to deal with me himself. Sir Nighteye was someone that I considered family, he was like my dad. He cared about me and even though he wasn't allowed to see me, he made sure he found ways that he could still show me that he was there for me. With him here, I knew there is no way I'd become a villain as his vision foretold. Unless he were to die or something, I knew for sure that wasn't happening anytime soon.

Looking around, I spotted Hitoshi ahead of me. Despite living in the same house, we didn't leave for school together anymore. But today, because of the sports festival, we all had to be there early. We took the same train but sat at opposite ends of the carriage, looking like we were complete strangers. I guess that's what we were supposed to be now, we weren't friends anymore and I don't blame Hitoshi for wanting to keep his distance. I took my anger out on him because I was scared of all those intrusive thoughts being reality. And in the process, I ruined everything.

But I didn't want to leave it like this, I was going to fix this. Sitting alone in my bedroom last night, I decided that today would be the day that I mend everything with Hitoshi. I'd apologize and hope that my words would be enough to fix everything. I did have my doubts, especially since I'd done the same thing to Todoroki once. A year after our fight, I ended up running into him. I was happy to see him again and tried to say I didn't mean what I had said, I tried my best to explain myself. But it didn't seem like any of it got through to him, I'm sure that he hates me even more after that attempt. In terms of Hitoshi, I hoped that he would at least let me try and explain myself.

"Don't worry, I'm going to fix this," I declared aloud, staring at the purple-haired boy in the distance. That was when I felt someone jump onto my back, my hands instinctively moving to stop them from slipping off.

"Fix what?" Ashido asked, leaning her head on my shoulder from behind. In the distance I could hear another familiar voice, turning my body, I noticed Hagakure rushing after me.

"Mina, you stole my idea," she whined, pointing an accusing finger at the pink-skinned girl that rested on my back. Ashido laughed, playfully poking her tongue out at her friend.

"If you're not fast, you're last," Ashido giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck to keep herself secure on my back. Hagakure huffed as she walked quickly to catch up with me, taking the space by my side as Ashido enjoyed the ride on my back.

"Are you ready for the sports festival?" Hagakure asked, wanting to change the subject. Lifting my head, I looked up at the clear sky, quietly hoping that it would pour down with rain in order to stop the sports festival from happening. I didn't really get why they were such a big deal or why they were televised worldwide. It just seemed unnecessary and I didn't look forward to it at all. I got the idea of doing a showcase of the heroic's students to pro heroes for internships, but other than that, I didn't have a clue.

"I guess," I answered in a bored tone. Ashido immediately picked up on my disinterest and jumped off my back rushing around to stand in front of me. I paused as she blocked my way, meeting her disappointed gaze.

"Come on, (L/n). You've got such an awesome quirk, you're gonna do amazing. Don't make all your training go to waste," she encouraged, offering me a wide smile. I nodded, feeling a little embarrassed after having her smile at me so intensely. But I was also confused, I didn't recall doing any training.