20

I wanted to hide myself away, to return to the safety of my room and to my bed, where I could hide under the blanket like a frightened child. It would provide no safety but if was for comfort, something that I needed right now. People were staring, they were seeing the thing I didn't want anyone to ever see. Something I had managed to keep hidden from everyone, even the heroes who I cared for and trusted.

My knees grew weak, shaking and giving out. I felt all energy in my body suddenly disappear, abandoning me to die here. And to make it worse, Shigaraki was speaking to me.

"I never expected them to be real, I had only heard rumors of them. He left those on you, didn't he? Kai Chisaki?" My body continued to shake, not wanting to hear his name in relation to my scars. It was painful.

"S-shut up," I coughed out, glaring weakly over at him from my curled up position on the floor. Shigaraki turned back to Nomu and spoke.

"I'm interested in her, take her alive." The bird responded to the command and began approaching me. Midoriya moved quickly to stand in front of me, blocking the villain from getting to me.

"No, I won't let you have her!" Deku declared, throwing what I thought would be a powerful punch. It looked like it would be by the strength and determination he put into it, but oh how I was wrong. The Nomu was unfazed by the attack, pushing the green haired boy aside, sending him skidding away from us. The Nomu then tried to reach for me, my quirk activating and protecting me in its green case. It tried to break it, slamming its fist into it but it was unsuccessful. With the next punch it threw at the shield, I activated repel so it's fist flew backward with the same force it had sent towards me. The bird shrieked as it charged towards me, ready to destroy my weakening shield. But I felt a wave of relief when someone rushed in and punched the Nomu away from me.

His blonde hair stood tall in its two rabbit-ear-like tufts, his muscles visible through the material of his hero costume.

A hero I looked up to.

He was here.

--------------------------------------

"(L/n)-chan, we have to move out of the way. All Might's fighting that Nomu," Tsu urges, tugging at my arm. I look up at her, remaining hunched over so no one can see my scars. I want them to all stop looking at me, I can feel their eyes boring into me. But before I can return to my state of panic, someone else is kneeling by my side.

I look up and see Midoriya, one of his hands reaching up to cover his eyes.

"I won't look, I promise. Just let me carry you away from the fight." Even though I was still shaken up, I accepted his offer and reached out to him. He felt around for me, sliding his free hand under my back. Midoriya then moved his hand away from his eyes, keeping them closed as he moved it down under my legs to hold me. With eyes still shut, he stood while holding me to his chest and clumsily took a step forward. By the expression his face harbored, I could tell that he was frustrated. He wanted to keep me calm by keeping his eyes closed but he also wanted to keep me safe, needing his eyes open so he could carry me away from the scene of the battle.

I felt guilty that I was causing more problem and pushed my uncertainties away, turning my face to rest my face against Midoriya's chest as he took slow steps.

"You can open your eyes," I whispered, closing my own. I remained quiet as he started to move faster, taking me away from the fight. My legs were too weak to carry myself so I was thankful he was there to do this for me. I hated feeling weak but there was nothing I could do by myself right now, I'd just have to rely on others if I wanted to get through this.