23

As I walked towards my classroom, I felt a wave of nervousness hit me. There were three people in my class who now knew what I was capable of, the things I could do when using my quirk full-force against someone else. It was painful to think about, especially since someone I cared for greatly in the past had made the same discovery, starting to look at me in a different way. I didn't want a repeat of that, it was a difficult time and I had hoped never to experience anything like it again.

Sliding the classroom door open, I noticed that a majority of my classmates were already there. I wasn't surprised because the first bell had gone, warning students that class would start within another ten minutes. My eyes scanned the room, meeting those of my classmates as they noticed that I had arrived.

"Morning, (L/n)!" Ashido called out, waving her hand above her head as if her voice wasn't enough to give me her location. In response to her enthusiasm, I sent a nod. It wasn't much, but it appeased her and that was all that mattered now.

I let my eyes continuing their scanning, locking on to one of the people I needed to speak to. After another moment of looking, the second was found followed by the third. Now knowing their locations, I called to them.

"Tsu, Midoriya, Mineta." The three students turned their full attention to me, curious as to what I wanted with them. Tsu's head tilted to the side in wonder, Midoriya's cheeks tinted red and Mineta seemed excited that I wanted him for something. The three waited patiently for my next words.

"Can I speak to the three of you for a moment?" I asked. The three seemed intrigued, wanting to know what I wanted to talk to them about. Tsu looked more curious than the others, her being the first to get up and walk towards me. I took a step to the side and allowed her to walk past and wait behind me while I waited for the boys. Midoriya looked embarrassed, his freckled cheeks dusted with a light blush. He quickly stood from where he was sitting and rushed over to the door. Finally, Mineta got the idea and followed the others, walking over with a strange look on his face. I could tell his thoughts were not pure but that didn't matter right now, he was one of the people I needed to speak with. Both Mineta and Midoriya exited the classroom, having me close the door behind them.

I lead them a little ways down the corridor and into an empty classroom, urging them to take a seat while I stood in front of them. It was in that moment, where all of the attention was on me, that I froze. My throat became dry and my mind blank of all related thoughts, it was as if my body was trying to reject the situation I had willingly put myself in. But I wouldn't have that, talking to these three was important to me and I needed to do it urgently.

"What did you want to talk to us about, (L/n)-chan?" Tsu asked, pressing one of her long fingers to her chin. I met her gaze, pushing myself to get on with what this meet up was about.

"This is about the USJ," I stated. Midoriya opened his mouth to say something, stopping when I raised my hand for him to halt.

"Before you say anything, I want to explain myself. Only if that's fine with you." I looked up at them, watching as the three of them nodded. Mineta seemed to have settled, ridding all of his inappropriate thoughts and keeping his expression serious. Before I started, I took a deep breath and lent back against the teacher's desk behind me.

"I promised myself years ago that I wouldn't use my quirk full force against another person because of the damage it can cause. If I hit someone with that amount of strength, I could kill them. I was lucky that the Nomu could regenerate or else I don't know what else would've happened, bad things I can only guess. Personally, I don't want to be a hero and I'm here for reasons which I can't talk about, but that doesn't mean I want to hurt anybody. Please understand that what you saw back there wasn't okay and I understand that. I lost my cool when he started talking down on my family and I acted irresponsibly," I admitted, keeping my face turned towards the ground with eyes focusing on a lone scrap of paper which lay there. There was a moment of silence before I heard the voice of the grape-headed boy.