10

"Idiot, wake up," Hitoshi grunted, nudging my blanket clad body with his foot. Grumbling tiredly, I sat up and rubbed my eye. Looking up at the purple-haired boy I noticed the satisfied half smile on his face, showing an amused expression.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, swinging my legs over the side of my bed.

"Nice hair, glowstone," he snickered, earning a glare from me.

"Fuck off, like you can talk with your gravity-defying hair." He let out a quiet laugh before pulling me to my feet, only then did I realize he was already dressed in his uniform.

"You going early?" I inquired. He hummed while avoiding my gaze, his hand making its way to the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I've got a few things I need to do before school so I'll be taking the earlier train. It doesn't really change anything for you though, just catch the train we usually catch and walk the rest of the way to school on your own." He didn't seem to care or that's how it came across anyway, it left me feeling somewhat disappointed but I didn't let it show.

"It's fine, don't hold yourself back if you're busy," I assured him. He smiled lightly, placing his hand on top of head to ruffle my hair.

"I'll see you at lunch, glowstone," he said before leaving the room, heading off to school early. I was already up so I decided to get ready, fixing my hair and changing into my uniform. I was struggling with my tie when a knock sounded from my bedroom door. It opened a moment later to reveal Hitoshi's father.

"Good morning, Hajime-san," I greeted. He returned the morning welcome before continuing into the room, noticing that I was struggling with my tie. He was a very tall man, having the same gravity-defying purple hair and dark circles as his son. They basically looked the same except Hajime was older, sporting a small about of facial hair due to laziness. Hajime approached me and grabbed the tie, beginning to fix it.

"Everything alright with you and Hitoshi?" he asked, his purple orbs focused on the red uniform tie. I nodded, trying to stay still so he could fix it properly.

"Uh yes, he said that he needed to go to school early this morning," I informed him. He hummed as he finished with the tie, also assisting with the straightening of your uniform shirt.

"You sure? He seems a bit weird as of lately," he thinks aloud, his large hand comfortingly patting my shoulder.

"But I'm sure it's nothing, the kid has a lot going on in his head, with not getting into the hero course and all," he continued. I turned my face downwards, feeling bad that I was in Hitoshi's spot. Hajime sighed and pet my head gently, trying not to mess my hair up.

"Don't take any of it personally, kid. You got in through recommendations and that's amazing, it's just a shame that Hitoshi's quirk wasn't suited for the practical part of the exam. We're proud of both you, Mihoko might not show it much but she cares for you too." All I could do was nod and try to believe everything he was telling me but it was hard to convince myself. I knew that Mihoko, Hitoshi's mother, wasn't very fond of me. When they first considered this house to be my temporary home, there was an interview which the family all took part in and it gave me a good idea of how they all felt about me. Both Hitoshi and Hajime seemed happy to have me in their home while Mihoko was on the fence about the whole thing.

Even when I met her for the first time, I could instantly tell that she didn't like me. But it was already decided that I would stay with them for a while, they said it was a maximum of 3 that I would be staying there. So far it had been around two, so I only had the rest of this year before I'd be moved somewhere else. It frightened me, knowing that this was only temporary and that I would once again be cut off from the people I cared about.