39

I walked to the training grounds with the rest of the girls, managing not to be late despite the time we had wasted talking in the changing room. Walking through the large gates of the faux city, I looked up and around. It resembled a real city, only missing the people. But having training grounds look like this made a lot of sense, a majority of battles take place in this kind of environment. A majority of the boys were already gathered in front of All Might, waiting for everyone else to arrive. And luckily enough we weren't the last ones, barely avoiding a telling off.

"This lesson will be very different from what we did during your first foundational hero studies class. Rather than working indoors, you'll be working outdoors, using this new environment. But something you need to be aware of is that normally there would be civilians, especially in a populated area like this. So, with this in mind, keep damage to a minimum," he announced, his large hands resting on his hips. Everyone seemed to nod, listening carefully to the number one hero.

"Now, I want you all to get into groups of three for this exercise. You will work with your group and try to get other teams out. The way you do this is to incapacitate one member of their team and they will all be out. With this mind, it's best to choose others who have quirks that work well with your own. Now, get into teams and then I'll let you know when you can start".

I started off by looking around, trying to figure out who I would work best with. But I stopped when I noticed someone standing beside me.

"Oh, Sero, I didn't see you there," I admitted, turning to fully face him. He chuckled, having his visor open so I could see his face.

"Yeah, I came over after you and saw this spot so I just decided to stand here. You don't mind, do you?" he asked, his hand moving to the back of his neck. I shook my head.

"No, I don't mind at all. Anyway, do you want to be on my team? I think our quirks will work well together, I mean we both have good maneuverability in this kind of environment," I pointed out, feeling nervous. I knew that Sero didn't mind me because he had invited me to sit with him and his friends at lunch. I hoped that meant he would want to be on the same team as me as well. But his widened smile made me feel relieved.

"Sure, I mean I was probably gonna ask if you hadn't asked me just now," he laughed. I couldn't help myself from smile along with him, his happy mood was quite contagious.

From there we only needed one more person to be in our team, our eyes scanning the surrounding students to find someone who was alone. But my search was cut short when I saw two pairs of red eyes looking in my direction. Both Bakugou and Kirishima approached us, the red-head giving a wide smile while his companion huffed and turned his face to the side.

"Hey, (L/n)!" Kirishima called, lifting his hand to wave at me. I returned the wave, watching them as they drew closer.

"Wanna join our team?" he asked, gesturing to himself and Bakugou. I would've liked to be on their team as well, being fond of both of the boys even if Bakugou was being shitty. But I had already found myself a team member so I felt bad having to refuse their offer.

"Sorry, I already teamed up with Sero. We're only looking for one more person to join us," I excuse, picking up on the glare Bakugou shot at Sero. The boy with the tape quirk gave an awkward grin, sweat-beading on his forehead as he endured the ash blonde's deadly look.

"You're only looking for one person, let me join your team!" Kaminari interjected, no one noticing him until now. I guessed that he had only just shown up because he didn't walk over with Kirishima and Bakugou. Not having any objections, I opened my mouth to speak and allow him to join since we only needed one more person. But before I could get a single word out, Bakugou had a firm hold on the back of the blonde's jacket, pulling him back and way from me and Sero. Kirishima laughed before rushing after his friends, sending myself and Sero a wave before disappearing behind another group of students.