29

I awoke to the sound of typing on a keyboard that I could only guess was Sir beginning his work for the day. Remaining still, I let my eyes take in everything they could see, that not being much at all. Right now I was laying on the couch whist wrapped in an All Might blanket, facing the couch's back rest. As I continued to lay there, I let my mind take me back to last night. I had finally had the question that was on my find all night answered, leaving me feeling a lot better about myself and everything that had happened.

----------------------------------------

Flashback

I lay against Sir Nighteye's side, the two of us finally finishing talking about everything that had happened that night. I had brought up the thing I was most curious about but hadn't yet received any information about it.

"Sir?" I called quietly. He hummed in response, sending me a glance from the side of his eye.

"Can you tell me about the two out of three thing?" I asked, hoping that he was able to give me the information I yearned for. The first thing Sir did was sigh, the arm which was wrapped around my blanket-clad figure pulling me closer.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I nodded, keeping my eyes on him. I noticed how he seemed to avoid my gaze, letting his own move anywhere that wasn't me.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" he asked. I hummed, thinking back to it. At that time I was very shaken up, having just gotten out of hospital after being found and saved by All Might. I had been taken to the Hero Association head quarters where I met Sir. He had been called in to use his quirk on me, not that I knew what happened or what he saw.

"Well, when I looked into your future I saw three possibilities. The first was amazing, you were a well respected hero surrounded by many friends. But the other two... I don't know how to explain it. Those last two were the two out of three, darker time lines you could call them." He finished, his mind racing as he tried to think of more things which he could add so I would able to understand. But I did, Mihoko's words echoing in my head.

"In these dark time lines, am I a villain?" I asked. I could feel how he tensed, his body turning immediately after to hug me. I remained silent, my forehead pressed to my chest.

"Yes, I'm sorry," he apologized. Pulling back, I looked up at him in confusion.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked, trying to read the expression on his face. It was without emotion, yet I could see guilt in his eyes.

"I wish I hadn't told them about it, if I hadn't then you would've been safe from them," he explained, placing a hand on top of my head. I smiled as I returned to the hug, surprising the spectacled hero. He chuckled before hugging me back, patting my back gently.

"I'm happy with what I have now," I whispered, closing my eyes. Sir smiled gently, adjusting the position we were in so I rested my head in his lap, his long fingers running through my hair. I relaxed and gave in to sleep, hearing him say one last thing before I dozed off.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). You could've had so much more."

-----------------------------------------

After laying awake for an extended amount of time, I decided that now would be the time that I should get up. Sitting up, I noticed Sir was looking at me. Seeing that I was awake, he gestured for me to come over to him. I did as he wished and got off of the couch, slowly making my way over to his desk.

This time he didn't want me to sit down, but to come around and stand beside him. Once I stood beside his chair, he stood from it and reached out to touch me. Not knowing what he was going to do, I watched his hands make their way to the sides of my heads, his fingers combing through my hair to fix it. He continued doing this until he was satisfied with how it looked, ending it by giving my head a pat.