3

The bell rung, excusing everyone from class and allowing them to head out to lunch. We were allowed to stay in class or head to the cafeteria. Wanting to see Hitoshi, I left and hurried down the hallway. Since we were in different departments it was going to be a lot harder to find each other, U.A is a gigantic school and there heaps of students here.

Checking my phone, I noticed a message on screen. Due to having my phone on silent, I wasn't notified when it had come in.

Hitoshi:
I've already bought you something for lunch, hurry up and find me. I'm in the cafeteria

Sighing, I continued down the hall in the crowd of students that had just left their classes. There was a noticeable amount of heat coming off someone near me so I turned to see what the cause was. Midoriya was walking beside me, his face glowing bright red. Raising an eyebrow, I nudged his side.

"You alright?" I asked. He nodded quickly, hand making its way to the back of his neck.

"Y-yeah, I was just w-wondering if you wanted to have lunch with Iida, Uraraka and I?!" he announced, louder than he had planned. His face seemed to glow brighter out of embarrassment. Feeling sorry for him, I sighed.

"Sorry, Midoriya. I'm already having lunch with someone else." He seemed a little saddened by this but didn't mention it.

"I-Its okay, maybe another day?" I nod, not wanting to let him down. Having lunch with me seemed to excite him and even though I had said no, he still looked happy. I didn't quite understand why he was wanting to have lunch with me, maybe it was before when I comforted him? I guessed that was it, sometimes I find difficulty in reading others.

Entering the cafeteria, Midoriya walked off with Iida and the Uraraka, lining up to get their lunch. There was no need for me to do it so I began looking around for the purple-haired boy. I thought it would be easy to spot him since he stood out, but there were so many different people here that the normal was abnormality.

Sighing, I continued in my search. Feeling something flying towards me, I caught it. It was a metal spoon. Turning in the direction it had come from, I spotted the boy with the brainwashing quirk, sitting at a table and lazily waving over at me. Walking to the table I took the seat opposite him, watching as he pushed a steaming bowl towards me.

"Eat." With a quiet sigh, I did as he asked and began eating. I'd be lying if I said the food wasn't good, it was no surprise coming from the hero Lunch rush. I had met him before. I had only come across him a few times so I wasn't as familiar with him than the other heroes I knew. But from what I had heard, he was a great hero as well as an amazing cook. The food tasted good anyway, my bowl emptying within a few minutes.

"Geez, they tire you out in the hero course?" Hitoshi snickers, leaning back in his chair as he eyed the now empty bowl. I shrugged my shoulders, meeting his gaze as he sipped from his drink bottle.

"I guess, we had to do some quirk assessment test." He watched me as I played with hem of my skirt, eyes downcast to my lap.

"Did you do well?" he questioned. I looked up at him, heaving out a long breath.

"You know I don't want to be here, Hitoshi," I reminded him, watching as he glared into his half finished bowl.

"I'd kill for a spot in the hero course and the fact that you take it so lightly really pisses me off." His tone wasn't threatening but I could tell that he was upset by what I had said. I felt bad for him. I didn't have the choice of coming here, I was recommended and they said if I didn't get in that they'd put me somewhere. Not that I knew where that 'somewhere' was, it frightened me thinking about what they would do. Would they lock me? Put me in jail or something? I hadn't done anything... well anything that they knew of.