42

I leapt out of the way of another attack, Todoroki completely ignoring Aoyama's presence, only focussing on me. His gaze was ice-cold, sending shivers down my spine as I dodged another attack.

My blonde companion managed to protect himself well, avoiding all of the attacks that came near him. Right now Todoroki wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was only after me, allowing me to pick up on his intentions immediately. After reading him, I made sure to keep a distance from Aoyama so that he wouldn't get hurt. It was obviously our loss here, Todoroki having complete control of the situation. All he needed to do to get rid of our team would be to focus his attack on Aoyama and restrain him with ice. But being too preoccupied, he didn't take his eyes off me.

This lasted for a while, it being very obvious that he was getting very fed up by how I'd managed to dodge everything he had thrown at me so far. And by the way his eyebrows furrowed in frustration, I knew immediately that he was going to intensify his attacks. And I was right, my jaw clenching as a giant wave of ice was sent flying towards me. But by its sheer size, I knew that this wasn't a problem which only affected me. The size of this attack would definitely hurt Aoyama and by its speed, I knew that it would hurt a lot having that hit them head-on.

My eyes quickly scanned my surroundings, finding the blonde not too far away. Repelling the ground from my feet, I launched myself in his direction. He only noticed me flying towards him a split second before we collided, my arms grabbing and pulling him towards me protectively. I closed my eyes tightly as my quirk shielded us both from Todoroki's attack.

--------------------------

My heart beat rapidly in my chest, eyes still squeezed shut as I braced for the painful sensation of the ice attack. But I was surprised to feel nothing like that at all. Still unsure of what had happened yet curious, I opened my eyes slowly and noticed that I was in a dimly lit and very cramped place. But before I could properly take a look, I felt the sensation of hands gently grasping at my back as fingers flexed inward. Lifting my head slightly, I immediately recognised the shiny armour of Aoyama's costume.

Letting my eyes drift upwards, I was met with the sight of his face. The large red glasses that he wore as part of his costume were knocked away, allowing me to see the entirety of his face and at close proximity. I felt that it was strange how pretty he was for a guy, from his blemish-free skin to his alluring indigo eyes as they fluttered open. It was only once we had made eye contact that I realised just how close we were, his gentle breaths tickling my face.

At that moment, we both seemed to panic, feeling embarrassed with the situation. We both attempted to move away, but there was no room to. Only now did we notice that we had been completely enveloped in ice, my quirk shielding us from any damage. Wanting to take our attention away from our close proximity, I averted my gaze.

"How are we supposed to get out of here?" I muttered quietly, trying my best to look around for anything that I could use to help us. But with the limited space and ability to move, there wasn't much I could do.

"Because we're facing each other my quirk can't do anything helpful," Aoyama pointed out, there being a hint of disappointment that I picked up on despite how he tried to hide it. I hummed as I thought over what he had said, trying to think about what my quirk could do. But my mind blanked, there was nothing I could really do here with such limited space.

"I don't know, there's nothing my quirk can do to help with no room to move," I expressed, heaving a quiet sigh. My gaze drifted back to the blonde's face as he took a moment to think, his face lighting up after coming up with a possible solution.

"What about the thing you did earlier to Tokoyami?" he suggested, feeling that this would fix the problem. But I was unsure about it, not entirely knowing how I had done it in the first place.