Spralbert: Where Are You?

Albert pov
I walked through the doors of the house and raised an eyebrow. Usually Race was right by the door, waiting for us to get home, but tonight was different. I decided not to worry about it, thinking he was in the bathroom.
Five minutes. No Race
Ten minutes. Spot got home and sat with me, but no Race.
Fifteen minutes.
Twenty.
Spot stands up. "Come on, Babe. Let's see where Race is," he takes the larger redheads hand and leads him out of the family room.
"Racer? Where are you?" I call, seeing the bathroom light on and hearing the occasional drip of water. He opens the door and gently pulls back the curtain, revealing a disheveled Race in a hoodie and some sweatpants, his head buried in his knees.
Spot was first to react. He turned off the shower and kneeled next to the bathtub. "What's wrong, Racer? Why are you crying, my sweet boy?"
Race sniffles and looks up at Spot and I, his silent tears coming back as I sit with him.
"It's alright, Bubba. Spottie and I are here," I stroke his soft curls, kissing them gently. "How about we go get on some dry clothes, I make us some hot cocoa, we cuddle on the couch and talk about what's wrong?" I ask, picking up the small blond who nods.
The three of us make our way into the bedroom. I place Race on Spot's lap while grabbing some of my flannel pants and Spot's shirt for Race.
"Here you are," I take off his hoodie slowly and grab a random towel off the floor, drying him off and putting on the shirt, repeating the same process with his legs.

Race pov
As Albert dresses me I feel myself relax. "Can we just lay here," I ask timidly, looking between my boyfriends. "Please?"
Spot pulls me down onto the bed next to him, immediately securing his role as the little spoon so that I could play with his hair.
"I can't see why Spot here puts up a tough guy act just to be the little spoon." Albert chuckles, laying down on Spot's other side.
I watch the two of them and smile softly. "I have a question."
Spot's head swivels to look at me. "We have an answer."
The tears returned to my eyes as I spoke. "Why do you still love me?"

Heyyy...
This is going to be made into two parts because it's two a.m., my arm hurts because I got my first vaccine, and I have these things called siblings that keep poking my arm after I've threatened them with "Death by ADHD bitch whose in pain and has really bad cramps because her week of hell started". Thanks for your cooperation!