JoJoXElmer: Rainstorms and Blanket Forts

Jojo looked up from his book and saw rain pouring out of the window. "Elmer, Sweetheart? Do we have to go out tonight?"

The pair had planned to get all dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant that they had been saving up to go to.

Elmer looked up from his book, a romance novel he undoubtedly took from Romeo, and frowns. "The rain ruined our plans," he huffs and lays on Jojo's shoulder.

Jojo nods and sighs. We can make dinner and maybe watch a movie. Kiss a little. How does that sound?"

Elmer giggles and nods. "Blanket fort? I'll help this time. I promise."

Jojo nods and kisses Elmer's forehead. "Rainstorms and blanket forts. I think that is the perfect way to spend the weekend." He leads Elmer into the small family room and smiles, bringing a basket of blankets over to where his boyfriend stood.

Elmer gathers the pillows and drops them into a pile on the floor. "Now, do you want to go and get the dining room chairs?" he asks, giving Jojo puppy eyes. He smiles as Jojo gets the chairs and puts them in the family room as well.

They spent an hour perfecting their fort. Every pillow and blanket were placed exactly where they needed to be. Elmer, once the fort was finished, rushed to the bedroom and took his pillows, Jojo's pillows, the blankets, and a candle. He brings them back to the room and fixes the inside of the fort.

Once the pair finally lays down, Elmer turns on the tv. "What should we watch?" he asks, resting on his elbows. "I personally think we should watch 'Moana' but I might be biased because it's my favorite."

Jojo chuckles and thinks for a second. "What about 'Pocahontas'? We both like that one."

"But we just did a unit on the Trail of Tears and I think that movie is very inaccurate," he sighs. "What about 'Hercules'?"

Jojo nods and Elmer turns on the movie. "I love the opening of this movie," the former whispers, his eyes widening as a smile works its way onto his face.

After about half an hour, Elmer starts to doze off. Another few minutes later, he fell asleep.

Jojo looks over at Elmer and smiles, watching him sleep a little bit. "Goodnight, Ellie. I love you so much."

Jojo's attention got turned back to the movie before Elmer rolled over and laid in his boyfriend's lap.

Jojo turned off the tv and laid down, wrapping his arms around Elmer and kissing his cheek, falling asleep, a wide grin etched onto his face.

***************************************************************************************

This is for @irlJoJo thank you so much for the request!