JojoXElmer: Stinkin' Cough

Jojo clears his throat, making a cup of tea. Just as his kettle boils, his husband, Elmer walks through the front door. The two men lock eyes, falling in love with each other a little bit more.

Jojo breaks the silence, falling into a coughing fit.

"Are you feeling okay?" Elmer asks him, rubbing his husband's back. "Do you need any medicine?"

Jojo shakes his head. "No. I'm okay. Just a little outstanding cough." he kisses just below Elmer's ear, making the latter shudder.

Elmer takes Jojo's head in his hands. "It doesn't sound okay. You've had this cough through two colds and flu season is coming, Babe. Just because we got our flu shots doesn't mean we can't get it."

"But I don't want to be sick. That means I'm not sick. I can't be sick because we have things to do this week."

Elmer shakes his head. "Darling, I know you don't want to be sick but you've had two colds within a month. I think you need to go and talk to someone."

Jojo takes a sip of his tea, remaining silent and coughing twice. "I'll talk to Mama tomorrow. Only so that you feel better."

"That's all I'm asking." Elmer kisses his forehead, starting to make some soup to soothe his husband's throat.

*****

"Ellie?" Jojo coughs, flopping onto the couch. "Are you home yet?"

Elmer rushes into the room. "What's up, Bubbas?" he asks, sitting next to Jojo.

"You were right. As always. I do have the flu. Mama brought me to the doctor and surprise! I have the flu and strep."

"Jo, your immune system is out to get you! But guess what immune system? Jojo is my mans. I'm the only one that can tell him what to do."

Jojo blushes bright red, hiding his face in the pillows. "You aren't as dominant as you think you are, Baby. You really just look like a teddy bear trying to lead an army."