Redfinch: Breakfast for Dinner

Finch stands in their kitchen, swaying their hips to "Only" by Nicki Minaj. Everyone thought they were weird for liking to listen to Nicki to calm down but here he was, dancing around the small kitchen as Albert, his boyfriend of five months, got changed.

"Dinner with my man on a G5 is my idea of an update," Finch rapped as Albert bounded into the room.

"Hut one, hut two, big titties, big butt too," Albert whispers, placing his hands on Finch's waist.

Finch blushed a bright red. "You listen to Nicki?" they ask, pausing the song. "You don't seem the type to like her music."

Albert shakes his head. "Babes, I'm almost too gay. And I love rap. Nicki would be the one woman I would convert to heterosexism for."

Finch grins and leads Albert to the sofa, motioning for him to sit down. "And before you try to get up and help, I don't want it," they say, covering their boyfriend with a blanket. 

Albert pouts. "But I like helping you. Granted, I've never helped you cook, but I wanna help."

Finch shakes their head. "It is not up for debate, DaSilva. Besides, didn't Racer ban you from the kitchen?"

For once, Albert shut up, giving Finch the chance to head back into the kitchen to start dinner. "You can put whatever you want on. My parents pay for all of the streaming services."

Albert grabs the remote and turns on "Top Gun", his favorite movie. "I swear, Tom Cruise is hot! Like, DAMN, who gave him the right to be so fine?" Albert asked nobody in particular.

"I don't know, Honey. But I do have a very important question for you. How do you like your breakfast?"

"Just some eggs and a piece of toast," he calls, his focus on the movie before a commercial causes the ginger to wrap the blanket around his shoulders and sit on the kitchen counter next to his partner.

Finch nods and presses a chaste kiss on Albert's cheek on his way to take the eggs out of the fridge. 

"Do you want sourdough, plain white bread, rye, multigrain? What kinda bread do you want?"

Albert rubs his eyes. "Sourdough please," he requests, watching his partner. "Do you need anything?"

Finch shakes their head. "Just for you to keep me company."

Albert smiles and "helps" Finch make their dinners by telling them random facts about biology.

Once Finch had finished cooking, they turned off the burner, unplugged the toaster, and brought both plates into the small living room. They turned back into the kitchen and lifted up their boyfriend, carrying him back over to the couch where the pair watched Albert's movie choice and ate their dinner, the dishes on the counter long forgotten.