Sputchie(SpotXCrutchie): Soup & Scabs

Spot POV

I paced across the floor of the Manhattan Lodging House, waiting for my boyfriend. Jack had gone out to look for him ten minutes ago, and said that I shouldn't go with him.

A couple minutes later, Jack ran into the building, Crutchie in his arms. My boyfriend was bleeding and bruised. I ran behind Jack, over to Crutchie's bunk. I knelt at his side, grabbing his hand.

"Are you alright, Crutchiebear?" I asked, worried.

When he responded his voice was weak, as he told me he wasn't okay. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I grabbed the first aid kit out from under the bunk and I opened it up. 

"What happened Bubba?" I asked the helpless boy, wrapping his bloody arm.

"The Delanceys-"

I stormed out of the room and ran to Brooklyn. Running up to my private suite, I slammed the door behind me. I grabbed the brass knuckles that my cousin gave to me and ran out the door. The good news was, the Delanceys were in Brooklyn. The bad news was, Snyder was there.

"Hey boys. Isn't it past your bedtime?" I teased

"Well I think your Mommy's expecting you home too. Oh wait. Yours died in a fire."

I put on the brass knuckles and beat the living shit out of Morris. Every punch felt better than the last. As I threw him off to the side, Oscar ran off with Snyder. I ran to Tibby's and got a bowl of Manhattan clam chowder because it was Crutchie's favorite. Then I made my way back to Manhattan.

"Hey Baby. I brought you something." I told the boy, giving him the soup and a spoon.

"Hi Kitten. What is it?" Crutchie asked, tilting his head as he asked the question

I kissed his nose. "Guess."

He opened the lid to the soup container and sniffed the red based chowder.

Lifting a spoonful of soup to his mouth, he thanked me, kissing my cheek.

"It's my job to make you feel better. It was the least I could do." I replied, climbing into the bed next to my boyfriend.