Almer: The Couch

Albert woke up. He and his best friend, Elmer, must've fallen asleep on the couch. Albert's hand was tangled in Elmer's dark hair and the latter's face was buried in Albert's neck.

"Elmer, Honey, it's time to wake up," Albert softly coos after looking at the time.

Elmer points at the clock, silently asking the time. He immediately dropped his hand and it landed around Albert's waist. Albert flushes as red as his hair as butterflies rush to his stomach.

"It's 11:05, Elm. I can bring you up to bed if you're still sleepy, but your back will hurt if you stay on the couch any longer."

Elmer's eyes crack open and he presses his face into Albert's neck. "Go back to bed?" Elmer asks in a whisper. He was so quiet, that Albert could barely hear him.

"Of course. Come here," Albert opens his arms and smiles as Elmer reaches toward him. Sure, Elmer got clingy when he was tired, but never this clingy. "You're being a little koala."

Elmer hums and tries to wake up some. "Albie?" he whispers, looking towards Albert.

Albert stops and cocks his head. "What's up, El?"

Elmer blushes and giggles. "You? Me? Dating?" he asks a little bit louder. "Snuggles?"

Albert smiles. "Absolutely. Let's go. I want those snuggles now." He holds Elmer to his chest and brings him up to bed.

Once they get upstairs, Albert places Elmer in his bed. "Do you need anything, El?"

Elmer shakes his head, making grabby hands for Albert who lays on the bed next to him, making sure to keep a few inches of space between them.

Elmer rolls so that he's laying in Albert's arms. "Goodnight, Bubbas," Albert smiles, wrapping his arms around Elmer's waist.

Time skip brought to you by the toe I almost broke at rehearsal the other day

Elmer wakes up more rested than before. He looks at Albert who had a soft smile etched on his face.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Albert smiles, pushing Elmer's dark hair back.

"Morning. What are you doing up?"

Albert shakes his head. "Do you remember anything about last night?"

Elmer furrows his eyebrows trying to remember. When he can't remember he shakes his head.

"You confessed your feelings. It was cute. I also really like you too."

Elmer blushed and buries his head in the pillows. "What did I say?" he asks, his question muffled by the pillow.

Albert chuckles. "You? Me? Dating?"

Elmer looks at the redhead. "Well? You? Me? Dating?"

Albert smiles. "Yeah. You. Me. Dating."

Elmer giggles and rolls closer to Albert. "Sounds like a plan."

Albert pulls Elmer into his lap and smiles. "I say we go make breakfast and then lay on the couch and watch movies."

Elmer smiles. "I'd like that," He rolls out of bed and puts out his hand for Albert, who takes it and stands up.

They walk downstairs and make their breakfast, settling on the couch.