Ravey: The Teddy Bear

Race was alone. Well, not alone. Well, yes. Alone.
Race watched his best friend's head was ripped off. Now he was curled into himself on the bathroom floor.
"Race? Are you in there?" A soft voice asks. By the shoes, Race could tell it was his brother, Jack.
He unlocks the door and pushes it open. "What do you want?" he snaps, taking the other by surprise.
"Davey was looking for you. Are you okay?" he asks, crouching next to the blond as Race shakes his head.
"Where is Davey?" Race asks, his voice raw from crying.
Jack takes out his phone and texts Dave. After about a minute, Jack sinks to the floor and pulls Race into his lap. "He's on his way, Bud."
Race snuggles into Jack's chest as he sobs. "How much longer until he's here, Jackie?"
Jack kisses his hair gently. "He's gonna be here soon, Baby. It's okay," he rubs the smaller boys' back.
Davey knocks gently on the door. "Racer? Are you in there?"
"Come in, Davey," Jack calls gently, picking up Race and placing him on the bed.
Davey slowly opens the door, finding a sobbing Race on the bed, clutching the sheets. He sits on the bed next to him. "Racer, Love? Can you look at me?"
The small ball looked up at Davey. "You actually came?" he sobs, crawling into Davey's lap.
"Of course I did. Why wouldn't I come?"
"Because nobody ever comes."
Davey finds a headless bear. "Baby? Did something happen to your bear?"
Race nods, a fresh wave of tears falling. "Can you fix it?"
Davey nods, getting a sewing kit out of his bag. "Of course I can. Where's the head?"
Race holds out the bear's face. "Thank you, Angelo," he smiles, watching Davey sew together the bear.
"You're welcome, Love," he kisses the bear's nose and then Race's.
Race is handed his bear as Davey lays them down. "I'm gonna go to sleep. Can you stay here?"
"Sure, Love."
Race falls asleep, listening to the sound of Davey's heartbeat.