Belmeruttons: Late Nights

(Button's tattoo^^^^)

"Baby?" Elmer looks at the stars. "How many stars do you think you can see right now?"

Buttons' eyes open and he hums, raising his eyebrows. "Maybe a million? I don't know."

Button's eyes close again with a soft smile on his face. Elmer notices Buttons falling asleep and wishes that they could stay like this forever. Elmer traces the floral semicolon tattoo on his shoulder, a symbol of bravery.

"Buttons?"

Buttons stirs awake again. "What's wrong, Baby? Do you wanna move this party inside or something?"

"Did you know that every naturally occurring element is made out of stardust?"

Buttons chuckles. "So I can call you my North Star and not be wrong?" he turns to face Elmer, who blushes.

"I mean, technically," Elmer snuggles into Buttons' side. "Why do you call me that, Love?"

"Well, you're my light in the dark. Always have been, always will be. Also, You lived in a house a few blocks North of me when we were kids."

Elmer giggles and kisses his boyfriend's cheek. "Well then, you are my Sugar Plum."

"Why Sugar Plum?"

Elmer puts his mouth near Buttons' ear. "Because instead of Sugar Plums, I dream of you for Christmas."

Buttons blushes bright red. "We should go inside. It's getting kinda cold."

Elmer laughs and stands up, pulling Buttons up and grabbing the blanket they were laying on. "Come on. I don't want my Sugar Plum to be cold," he winks, opening the door to get back into the apartment building.