"Wait, so- WHAT exactly is going on?"

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽            ༓            ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Phobos and Demios have what?"

"My brothers have what?"

"WHAT?!"

"Zeus almighty, use your ears and spare mine!" Adra groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose as she paced across the room, scowling, "I said, Panic and Fear have decided enough is enough and have enlisted the help of every monster in the vicinity to try and kill both of you."

Your brain spluttered for a minute, trying to wrap itself around that extremely sudden piece of information, before it just went blank.

Okay, so when you asked Adra if there was anything else she'd called you over for, you were maybe expecting her to chew you out for stealing Taehyung's magic clay jar. Maybe she secretly had called you to tell you your break was over. Or maybe she'd called to tell you something mildly Greek-god related, probably referring to some studies and cross-referencing she'd most likely done on Taehyung's sword or something or the other.

Boy, you didn't think you had it in you to even be shocked anymore.

Clearly, clearly, you were wrong.

The situation wasn't really registering with you properly, actually— so far, Taehyung being attached to your side had been more of a temporary nuisance, something you had to deal with for a while and then would go away, like exams or an ant nest or something. Aside from the first time you'd met Taehyung, when you'd almost been ripped to pieces by harpies... you hadn't really faced anything all that dangerous.

Maybe a bit of it was Adra's fault, not that you were complaining. She had told you that she'd spent a good while protecting you from monsters that would otherwise probably be trying to suck your soul out— It hadn't really stricken you that being a part-demigod, as well as being affiliated with a seriously goddamn powerful immortal one, could possibly be hazardous to your health in more ways than Taehyung nearly setting your house on fire.

"You— you can't be serious?" you shook your head in disbelief, blinking fast. Your panic probably should have consisted of a little more fear, or even just a little more worry that the psychos who tied you up with the demigod beside you in the first place were now simply just trying to send hitmen Greek mythology monsters after you to kill you, but all you could really feel, along with your panic and agitation, was a clear note of offense.

A ringing note of offense, that, funnily enough, wasn't coming from you.

Adra glanced at you and let out a long sigh. "Unfortunately, I couldn't be more serious. Those two idiot sons of Ares have crossed the line this time, Gods above. They want to kill Taehyung, well, for obvious reasons, I'd suppose, for the same reasons they put the curse on his sword to begin with... and they want to kill YOU because without you..."