"You don't protect someone from a thing like me"

Confused screaming

Confused screaming.

That was it- confused screaming.

Well, on the outside you were just speechless, but your inner tumult was far different. If you kept a blank mask on the outside, it was only to hide the fact that your brain had shifted into overdrive. You needed to figure this out. You needed to figure this out and you needed to do it NOW.

Athena... if you recalled the lessons from Adra correctly (as well as your memories from your Percy-Jackson-induced Greek Mythology phase from middle school), Athena was the goddess of wisdom and battle. But wait, there was NO WAY you were a CHILD OF ATHENA. Okay, fine, you had come to accept Taehyung as a weird, immortal, hot MESS of a demigod, but that did NOT mean that you could just casually take this as nothing.

Because there was no way you were part Greek god.

Both Taehyung and Adra were watching you carefully as you brought your fingers to your hair and tugged your lower lip into your mouth, gnawing on it in both distress and thought.

"You can see her thinking," Taehyung murmured, almost to himself, as if he couldn't quite believe it, "how is this even POSSIBLE?"

Adra scoffed. "You are incredibly dense, but what's to be expected from a son of Ares? You truly don't understand anything."

Taehyung shot her a glare, stone cold and dark, his face turning vicious and intimidating once more. Damn, he was scary when he wanted to be.

"Excuse me," you spluttered, looking between the two of them in incredulity, finally regaining your voice, "but what in good holy f*ck are you TALKING ABOUT?"

"There it is," the coffee-skinned sphinx muttered, which made Taehyung snort.

"I fail to see how you two think this is FUNNY," you spat, your shock making the anger bubbling up in you far more volatile, "and there is no way I'm a... good god, I don't even want to say this-"

"A demigod?" Taehyung finally shifted off from pinning your boss (or former boss? How could you bounce back from THIS disaster?) down, instead just opting to keep his sword close to her. His voice was amused, but his eyes were flinty, clearly struggling as much as you to accept this.

"Yeah, thAT," you hissed, tipping your head back and closing your eyes. It made absolutely no sense in your mind- you were still trying to piece things together, trying to understand what had made both Taehyung and Adra convinced in their claim.

I'm smart, I know, but that is NO REASON to go jumping to the conclusion that I'm a fricking CHILD OF ATHENA, goodness gracious.

Unless... is there something else?

There had to be. It didn't make sense that both of the supernatural beings in front of you were basing their assumption off the fact that you were smart- you knew you were. You had always been ahead of your class without even trying particularly hard, you read far too much for your own good, and you were a quick thinker. You knew all this... you were a logical person. Which is why when Taehyung had first showed up, you'd freaked out beyond belief, but when explanations and substantial proof had showed themselves, you'd begun to accept it.