"I am unable to let Morpheus take me into his realm either"

"No,"

"No,"

Your voice was flat, final, commanding, leaving no space for even the sliver of a doubt to enter that you could possibly change your mind. Shoving your chair back, you flicked your legs over it and stood up abruptly, shooting the demigod in front of you a sharp look as you did so.

"Pretty one, think about this for a moment-" Taehyung stood up from the table when you did, eyeing the empty plate clenched tightly in your hands with faint alarm.

"I will ASK Adra if we can have your thing back," you threw over your shoulder as you let your plate clang in the sink, your moments jerky and sharp.

Taehyung delicately stepped around you and placed his own dish in the sink lightly before following your form to the living room, lips pursed and expression careful, calculating. "But if you do that, she'll say no," he said as calmly and as reasonably as you thought he could muster, sitting down beside your slumped form on the couch, "and then she, being a sphinx, a naturally suspicious creature, will guard it even more and we'll NEVER get our hands on it."

"Then what do you want us to do?!" you exploded, sitting up straight suddenly, snapping your head to the side to look the red-haired demigod sitting beside you straight in the eye, "What should we do, huh? Because I am NOT getting myself caught in jail for you and your stupid-"

"We won't get caught!" Taehyung protested, almost seeming pleading as he sat up as well, "If we go through with this, we won't get caught."

"Pfft," you scoffed, the thoughts whirling in your mind giving way for panic, "how can you be so sure?"

"I never do anything with mediocrity, pretty one," he reached out with his hand, looking like he was about to grab yours in reassurance, but quickly froze when you retracted your fingers.

There was a heartbeat of awkward silence as Taehyung met your eyes nervously, a faint, strained chuckle escaping his bow-shaped lips.

"Curse," you said shortly.

"Right,"

Finally, after a tense heartbeat of loaded silence, Taehyung sighed and leaned back, freeing you from his compelling stare. "You need rest," he crossed his legs and let his spine thud against the back of the couch, "you are tired and your brain is not functioning right and this is what is making you all stressed and strange. I've seen it before- Athena's children tend to have issues when they cannot think clearly."

Your face fell blank for a second. Where did THIS even come from? Way to change the topic. He just... dropped the entire 'breaking into the museum' issue? Because you were apparently tired? What the- why?

Taehyung took one look at your expression and snorted. "Pretty one, don't think we are done speaking on this matter. I am just saying that you won't take an option another person suggested in your state. You mindchildren are like that, I know for a fact."