"Don't touch me."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽                ༓                 ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

You had not seen Bang Christopher Chan in a very long time.

Two years, to be precise. Two years of studiously ignoring, avoiding, running away from anything that reminded you of the scars that ran down your back and sides. Two years of having no contact with one of the kindest people you'd ever met in your life, just because of the memories you tied to him. Because of the person he was friends with.

In truth, Chan was one of the kindest people you'd ever met, and he didn't deserve the way your lungs twisted and recoiled when you laid eyes on him, nor the way your skin prickled something fierce when he took a step towards you, the surprise in his eyes morphing almost instantly to concern at the way you paled. He didn't deserve the way you took a step back, throat going dry, mind snapping into panic mode. Not at all. Chan had never done a thing to you.

However, sometimes even kind people don't get what they deserve.

You didn't trust yourself, you and your dry throat, quick-beating heart, to speak, but it seemed your sharp tongue had a mind of its own, snapping angrily in the face of fear.

"What are you doing here?"

You yourself were shocked at how your voice was colder than ice and yet just as brittle, just as unforgiving as you raised your chin, hating the way your lungs twisted angrily in retaliation in your chest. You expected more cracks in that voice. You expected more delicate fragility, the way you sounded when you were trying very hard not to cry.

You did not expect this... fierce surge of anger.

"I—" he spluttered despite the icy front you'd just shoved in his face, blinking in bewilderment and unable to answer your quietly cold question as Aurem pretty much looked like she'd been thrown into a horror movie. Chan involuntarily let his eyes flicker over your frame, taking you up head to toe. You wished your mind was working enough to decipher his expression, a little soft, a little something else, but all your energy was being focused on one thing.

Don't think of him.

Chan isn't him.

DON'T panic right now, you can break down when you go home.

Typically, this was not really how your panic attacks worked, but you sure as hell were going to try.

"It— wow," Chan said quietly, not even noticing the way you involuntarily stepped backward, skin feeling clammy and cold as watched you, a small pout on his lips, "it's been a while, Y/N."