"Good with your hands, huh?"

"I am starting to sense now that this may have been a bad idea,"

You shot Taehyung a vicious look as you ducked under one of the swinging crates above your heads, your heels swinging from your hands and the dust you kicked up from the floor with your bare feet swirling around you in the thin beams of light from the outdated lamps littering the walls. "Oh really?"

Getting out of the entrance hall hadn't been all that hard, especially since you were technically the assistant curator and knew all the hallways and back doors of this place.

The trick was trying to find Taehyung's damned thing.

The uncomfortable feelings of paranoia and guilt were jabbing sharply in your mind. The CCTV cameras didn't stretch to the storage rooms, thankfully, because anyone who didn't work at the museum would have no clue what these carefully designed rooms were for. But still, you couldn't shake the disconcerting fear that had you glancing at the door every few seconds.

"You still haven't told me what we're looking for," you huffed as you scanned the first storage room you'd decided to search, with Taehyung digging through the endless stream of stuff and you basically at his shoulder, telling him to be careful while snatching the artifacts from him as soon as he began to act carelessly with them.

Again, if any of them broke, you did not want to know the repercussion price.

Taehyung glanced at you, chewing on his lip as he considered your words. You really wished he'd tell you so that you could feel less useless.

Rolling his sleeves up to expose his veined forearms (good holy f*ck that was H O T), Taehyung finally sighed and ran dusty fingers through his hair.

"It's a pithos," Taehyung admitted, exhaling slowly as he ran an eye over the things you'd delicately laid out, "you know what that is, yes?"

"An Ancient Greek storage jar, pointed at the bottom and used mostly to store olive oil," you recited, suddenly glad that Adra had you memorize the names of every artifact you were going to put on display in the exhibit. Taehyung grinned at you approvingly.

"My clever girl," he cooed teasingly before turning to the next crate on the floor and wrenching the nailed lid open with a flick of his wrist. Jesus, he was strong.

"I'm not your anything," you muttered as you fell in place beside him, kneeling on the dusty floor and wincing as the slit in your dress made your bare leg press against the rough ground. Still, you continued to file through the things, gently handling them and kicking Taehyung when he occasionally forgot to do so. Sticking his tongue childishly out at you, he sat back on his heels and sighed.

"This is impossible," he muttered sullenly, running his knuckles over his jaw in distress.

You agreed with him, actually. "There are five other storage rooms like this, by the way."