"Do you want me to set anything on fire?"

"Pretty one? Have you risen?"

Your lips fell into an involuntary pout as you shuffled deeper into the hard cushions of your couch, the deep voice that hit your ears confusing you. You were quite sure that you hadn't brought a fling home last night, and you knew that you would have remembered if your brother happened to be in town, if only purely because of the annoyance you would have had. In you hazy, half-asleep state, you tried to recall who could possibly be calling you something as odd as 'pretty one'-

Oh no.

Your eyes flew open.

You woke up to aggressively cheerful sunshine pouring through the many windows in your house, the beams of light assaulting your eyes and leaving you temporarily blinded as you blinked your grogginess away. You woke up with your back muscles on fire and the annoyingly uncomfortable cushions of the couch digging into your spine. You woke up with a world-class headache and an insatiable need for a cup of coffee. You woke up with the irritating realization that you had, in fact, missed another day of your classes and you would have way too much work to catch up on for your own good. Your woke with a protesting stomach as you had skipped both dinner and lunch yesterday.

Aaaaand you also woke to the sight of a shirtless Kim Taehyung in all his red-haired, bare-chested glory, peering over your curled form with a debauched expression on his face as he stared right at you.

Screeching, you did the only reasonable thing your still-sleep-induced mind could think of when faced with this situation of having an intensely hot, unfamiliar man stare at you while you slept.

Your leg jerked up and you kicked Taehyung square in the jaw with your sock-clothed foot, a satisfying crack ringing out as you leapt up, the red-haired man letting out a startled yell and clumsily falling off the couch.

"OUCH! Woman, what in Olympus is WRONG with you?"

Wrapping your arms around your torso to preserve whatever dignity you had left, you glared viciously at Taehyung, who whined as he ran his long fingers delicately over his sharp jawline, wincing.

"I SHOULD BE ASKING YOU THAT QUESTION! WHY WERE YOU WATCHING ME SLEEP?"

Everything that had happened last night came rushing to you all at once as the two of you stood there in a silent face-off- ah yes, the idiot who had been watching you sleep had burst out like a vengeful spirit from his sword and was also incidentally a demigod.

What else was new?

Taehyung huffed petulantly and stood up. "I was merely admiring the gorgeous woman I left so rudely last night when I should have been warming her bed WITH her rather than without her. I truly am sorry for that, by the way, I should have-"

Lip curling in disgust, you turned away from him before he finished, acutely aware of how thin your t-shirt was and how it had ridden up while you slept. "You are revolting," you deadpanned, pinching the bridge of your nose as you contemplated how to deal with this situation. Ugh. This was a MESS. Maybe your morning mood was making everything seem worse, but it seemed pretty damn bad to you.